• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Recruits going to UCLA game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quess before Lacy....I can see Lacy as a verbal to UCLA....they are his leader....so our chances not as good on him.....

Newby I'm tempted to call a lock....Stanton and he will be here for the Idaho State game too....could see a commit after that visit....

My two or three as I said are: Newby, Quess and Hunt....

Kenny Lacy- I am going to project a good chance at landing this kid. Going to see nebraska vs wisconsin game.

Mathis- long shot.

Newby- good shot. taking a official to nebraska. 2 time on campus.

hunt- He was a ucla commit. This game could go a long ways. Huskers are in his top 5.

quessenbery- Good chance. Stanton and him have a good relationship. I could see him being N after his official.

stringfellow- soft commit. I dont know a lot about him, but i want him N. 6,2 215 receiver!

goodman- Going to be an uphill battle. One of the best players at his position out west.

this is just IMO

Lacey has a huge game here locally tonight. Not sure if he is leaving tonight, or tomorrow. Really limits the time a recruit can spend with the staff and seeing the campus.

I agree with Red on the three up there. Mathis is interesting. Seems to have his head on his shoulders this year. Everything I have read seem to point that he is high on Nu. Quessenberry is a must!

Lacy as expected committed to UCLA....they were his leader so not a surprise at all.....honestly what I expected to happen based on what I heard and read...he was on his official and pulled the trigger....best of luck to him....

Quess before Lacy....I can see Lacy as a verbal to UCLA....they are his leader....so our chances not as good on him.....

Newby I'm tempted to call a lock....Stanton and he will be here for the Idaho State game too....could see a commit after that visit....

My two or three as I said are: Newby, Quess and Hunt....

RR as always is correct. Lacy more than likely was going to commit no matter the outcome.

And Quessenberry also stated that the outcome of that game had no bearing on his decision. Both are in his top five and he is still going to official NU in October.:thumbsup:

Kids rarely care about the W-L like we do unless its a complete blowout...as we both know....its about relationships and opportunity....I think we land him FWIW...:)

And Quessenberry also stated that the outcome of that game had no bearing on his decision. Both are in his top five and he is still going to official NU in October.:thumbsup:

Kids may not look at W and L but if 2 teams in there top are going against each other and one losses it does keep in the back of the mind. Obviously kids want to play for a winning team as well as build relationships. i.E lacy was High on Nebraska as well. Cousin with marcel and was always high on nebraska. He may have committed to ucla but Nebraska had a chance if they would have showed up. That was the icing on the cake.

Lets see what priest does. he was also at the game.

I disagree.....one game like this didn't play much if at all into the decision....had we been blownout I might agree...but in this case he had his mind set on UCLA....and the visit sealed it....

We showed up fine....36-30 is awash in that sense....this kid wanted to go to UCLA and the visit sealed it for him and I think that would have been true regardless of who we played....he is a west coast kid to begin with and that plays big too....

Kids may not look at W and L but if 2 teams in there top are going against each other and one losses it does keep in the back of the mind. Obviously kids want to play for a winning team as well as build relationships. i.E lacy was High on Nebraska as well. Cousin with marcel and was always high on nebraska. He may have committed to ucla but Nebraska had a chance if they would have showed up. That was the icing on the cake.

Lets see what priest does. he was also at the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back