• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Randy Gregory reinstated

Maybe not, but it's not legal in most states. Thus illegal! It's the law. Right or wrong.

It’s illegal for me as well, but my job does not test for it. Most do not. Most of us could go full Dave Chappel on the stuff and no one would care. Why does the NFL?

It’s illegal for me as well, but my job does not test for it. Most do not. Most of us could go full Dave Chappel on the stuff and no one would care. Why does the NFL?

Its interesting the number of employees that are backing away from testing. The job market is so tight they can't afford to turn people away. Add to that the 30 day window for testing makes it tough to determine if they were high at work or spent the weekend in Colorado.

But that is not what is driving the issue. If he simply wanted to smoke marijuana instead of being an NFL player, I'd be right there with you in disgust but RG's situation just isn't that simple.
I understand that there are reasons why he smoked, but there are other ways to cope than smoking an illegal substance.

P.s. I'm not at all disgusted either, btw. It's just sad to see someone with so much potential struggle as he has.

I hope he finds a way to figure it out. Don't care about the illegal-vs-legal marijuana argument as it's not germane the the Gregory conversation in 2018.

He had or at least had talent. I'd like to see that showcased at the NFL level.

Something goes wrong, it is illegal in most states.
Actually correct me if I'm wrong. Its only the possession of it that is illegal in most states. Testing positive isn't. It might be against your probation rules or job rules but not criminal.

Actually correct me if I'm wrong. Its only the possession of it that is illegal in most states. Testing positive isn't. It might be against your probation rules or job rules but not criminal.

Apparently the wrong thing to do in the NFL. Randy has a multi million dollar contract that hangs in the balance. Can he avoid it "an assumption on my part". If he can't he may lose it all. Hope he can and is wildly successful. What he needs to do is avoid it regardless, right or wrong.

I hope he finds a way to figure it out. Don't care about the illegal-vs-legal marijuana argument as it's not germane the the Gregory conversation in 2018.

He had or at least had talent. I'd like to see that showcased at the NFL level.

Posted without reading this. You are right!

Apparently the wrong thing to do in the NFL. Randy has a multi million dollar contract that hangs in the balance. Can he avoid it "an assumption on my part". If he can't he may lose it all. Hope he can and is wildly successful. What he needs to do is avoid it regardless, right or wrong.
These are the types of statements that are easy to make when you aren’t in someone’s shoes.

Sure they are. But if you treat addiction on a daily basis, maybe you can make a statement like that.

What in that post was wrong? He gets tested for certain substances, I hope he is negative. I hope he is wildly successful.

Being bi-polar is what was destroying his career. Marijuana was just a coping mechanism to battle it. Its too bad opiates didn't make him feel better since the NFL and FDA embrace their use despite the fact that those are the drugs reeking havoc on our society.

And I am sure RG doesn't care about fanboys who feel he didn't live up to their expectations.
Pot doesn't alleviate bipolar disorder. I thought he has said in the past that he smokes to reduce anxiety.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back