• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

QB Heinrich Haarberg is N (Husker Legacy)

For the same reasons others have mentioned, I felt like we might be settling with HH. Maybe Frost and Verduzco were challenged convincing higher quality qb's with our already loaded room. Maybe they felt safe because of that loaded qb room. Would he have been offered as a walk on under different circumstances? Whether any of that is right or wrong, the more I watch him the more I like him. He's a better player than I thought.
Your in state prejudices are showing.

I may be biased but I don't see Martinez putting in that kind of work. If he is he should make it public, it would quiet some of his work ethic criticism.

I don't read everything out there, but I haven't heard any criticism of Adrian's work ethic. I don't think that's what coach Frost was saying. Martinez put in the work when competing against Gebbia as a freshman, and Frost seems to think he's on his way to doing it this year against McCaffrey as well. Can't wait for Fall Camp to start - it's always more fun when there's a qb competition! I'm excited to find out how our other/younger qb's are doing as well.

For the same reasons others have mentioned, I felt like we might be settling with HH. Maybe Frost and Verduzco were challenged convincing higher quality qb's with our already loaded room. Maybe they felt safe because of that loaded qb room. Would he have been offered as a walk on under different circumstances? Whether any of that is right or wrong, the more I watch him the more I like him. He's a better player than I thought.

I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up playing TE eventually. He has a high ceiling as a QB, no doubt, but his floor is the lowest of all four of the QB's Frost and Verduzco have brought in IMPO.

I'm a big Smothers fan and I don't think Haarberg will beat him out. Would he stick at QB with the hope of only starting one year after Smothers graduates? And then consider who they bring in for '22. They may even target two guys in that class. What if that guy(s) beats him out? I think the staff would move him to take advantage of his size and athleticism.

If Peter Costelli had committed, I'd be real interested to see if they would have still offered Haarberg with the idea they could move him. I would have.

I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up playing TE eventually. He has a high ceiling as a QB, no doubt, but his floor is the lowest of all four of the QB's Frost and Verduzco have brought in IMPO.

I'm a big Smothers fan and I don't think Haarberg will beat him out. Would he stick at QB with the hope of only starting one year after Smothers graduates? And then consider who they bring in for '22. They may even target two guys in that class. What if that guy(s) beats him out? I think the staff would move him to take advantage of his size and athleticism.

If Peter Costelli had committed, I'd be real interested to see if they would have still offered Haarberg with the idea they could move him. I would have.

Hadn't thought of that angle. Makes a lot of sense.

Everyone has been throwing the TE suggestion around for HH, anyone actually know how his hands are? Is he a physical blocker? Has Frost & Co. seen him run routes before and catch balls just in case? I dont think they offer him at qb if they plan on moving him.

I love Smothers, but there’s so much that can happen in CFB. We don’t know who will actually perform under the lights. Injuries occur. Some guys improve while others regress. It’s way too early to be talking about HH as a tight end. He’s a QB and a damn good one, regardless of where he’s from. I hope he proves all the doubters wrong.

Make it public? You don't think he'll work hard unless he tweets a few videos of him watching film or throwing some passes? What a weird take.
I was just saying that after Frosts comments and his performance last year Martinez is getting a reputation for being lazy and entitled. If he showed some humility and that he has been working in the off season it would be good for his image, especially with all the image and likeness potential revenue he could make.

Maybe HH is content with getting a free education and playing qb for his home state team, even if he doesn't become the starter someday. Good education, getting in tip top shape, wearing the N, being part of the rebuild, that all might be enough to make him happy, who knows.

Hell I'd be ecstatic to get a football scholarship to play at DONU even if I knew I'd only play a few snaps a season.

Watching vid on HH doing the QB training, he appears to be very flat footed at back of drop back. Not sure if it is a drill, but I have never seen one like that.

I know he is young, and I know he is Uber athletic, but that is asking for throwing off target passes and compensation that will lead to picks and incompletions. Additionally could lead to some bad sacks and injuries.

Any experienced QBs or coaches with insight? Maybe I am blind. I have been accused of worse lol.

Watching vid on HH doing the QB training, he appears to be very flat footed at back of drop back. Not sure if it is a drill, but I have never seen one like that.

I know he is young, and I know he is Uber athletic, but that is asking for throwing off target passes and compensation that will lead to picks and incompletions. Additionally could lead to some bad sacks and injuries.

Any experienced QBs or coaches with insight? Maybe I am blind. I have been accused of worse lol.
And I hope every I offer constructive criticism or question I raise anywhere can prove me wrong if it is to the good. Case in point, Lamar Jackson improved big time. Good on him for stepping up and owning his part of the deal as a young man, and also for the coaches getting him there.

I look forward to seeing what coach V can really do with his QB room once we get a little more consistency, depth, and production out of the skill position players and O line.

When those feet match the eyes in the progression, and the receivers are in line by running right route, I think HCSF will have an attack in the next couple years that will have opposing coaches up at night. If we get running consistent and three reliable catching threats, 2AM and the rest of QB room could be plenty dangerous.

What's your take on him?
I think he is crazy athletic. Much like our current coach was when he came out of HS.

11 second Hundred 6' High jump man that is pretty good for a HS junior playing QB. He also appears to have a very good arm. I look at the numbers not where they are from. To give you a comparison. Most people think 2AM is very fast. He ran 12.11 in the 100 24.65 in the 200 HH beats 2AM best time by 2 seconds in the 200 and 1 sec in the 100. He is also 3 inches taller and appears to throw a cleaner ball. Oh and BTW that is based on 2AM senior numbers while it is HH Sophomore numbers because there was no track season this year.

Not to mention as N2FL already pointed out. He is athletic enough to play other positions. So really there is no down side to offering this kid a schollie.

So let me flip the script on you. Why were you down on him? Did you look at his numbers before assuming we were settling? or... Did you just assume that because he is from a small school in Nebraska that he can not possibly be a good player?

I love Smothers, but there’s so much that can happen in CFB. We don’t know who will actually perform under the lights. Injuries occur. Some guys improve while others regress. It’s way too early to be talking about HH as a tight end. He’s a QB and a damn good one, regardless of where he’s from. I hope he proves all the doubters wrong.
Per the bolded, it use to be mainly injuries. Now it is QB's who get beat out and immediately put their names into the transfer portal. Which leads to a question: We already lost Vedral, a Nebraska legacy to the transfer portal, who do we lose next to it? Cause in the CFB world of instant gratification, almost every team loses a QB to the tp.

Per the bolded, it use to be mainly injuries. Now it is QB's who get beat out and immediately put their names into the transfer portal. Which leads to a question: We already lost Vedral, a Nebraska legacy to the transfer portal, who do we lose next to it? Cause in the CFB world of instant gratification, almost every team loses a QB to the tp.
I think the bigger question is are we recruiting Eric Crouch or are we recruiting Bobby Newcombe. Are we recruiting guys who will only play QB and will leave if they are not the starter? or Are we recruiting guys who will move to another position to help the team be better? All of them are athletic enough to move to other positions.

Last edited:

I think he is crazy athletic. Much like our current coach was when he came out of HS.

11 second Hundred 6' High jump man that is pretty good for a HS junior playing QB. He also appears to have a very good arm. I look at the numbers not where they are from. To give you a comparison. Most people think 2AM is very fast. He ran 12.11 in the 100 24.65 in the 200 HH beats 2AM best time by 2 seconds in the 200 and 1 sec in the 100. He is also 3 inches taller and appears to throw a cleaner ball. Oh and BTW that is based on 2AM senior numbers while it is HH Sophomore numbers because there was no track season this year.

Not to mention as N2FL already pointed out. He is athletic enough to play other positions. So really there is no down side to offering this kid a schollie.

So let me flip the script on you. Why were you down on him? Did you look at his numbers before assuming we were settling? or... Did you just assume that because he is from a small school in Nebraska that he can not possibly be a good player?

the lockdown slowed things a bit for him, but given his athletic ability (and ability to play elsewhere) there's absolutely no way he was going to walk on. Huge, huge potential meant someone was going to offer in the P5 programs, likely some very high end programs.

We are lucky he showed up in our backyard.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back