• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

QB Battle Update

If you had to predict right now, who will be our starting QB in the fall?

• Tanner Lee

Votes: 91 84.3%
  • Patrick O'Brien

Votes: 15 13.9%
  • Tristan Gebbia or Andrew Bunch

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
You're trying too hard.

giphy.gif

HuskerNCorpus, I wish you would stop posting my video because I know what you are looking at and it gives me the heebie jeebies.

Thanks in advance

P

Ever since Frazier came along, I think a lot of Nebraska fans believe that it's ideal for a quarterback to come in and own the position for four years. It is if you have someone special like Frazier. Healthy programs don't let only two quarterbacks run with the starting job for 7 or 8 years, not unless they are all-conference caliber from their sophomore years on. Andrew Lucks and Lamar Jacksons start for their entire careers, not Taylor Martinezes and Tommy Armstrongs. I'm not saying they weren't talented or worthy of starting for a year or two, they just don't run the table for nearly a decade at any serious school.

If I'm POB and I lose the starting job to Lee for two years, I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to learn, get better, and fight like hell to win the job after he leaves. Why? Because that's my best route to the NFL. I'm going to get some of the best quarterback coaching around in an NFL type of offense, with NFL receivers all around me.
The reality is we weren't able to keep them healthy over those extended years. And the same was true with Frazier. You even look at UT and they had the same issue with McCoy and Young.

If a QB is really good they are going to be gone before eligibility expires.

This year, the spring game will be like Christmas. 2 new QBs (Lee and Gebbia) and a vastly improved POB will be unwrapped. It will be interesting.

Last edited:
INTs will play a big part in who remains at QB throughout the year. Not just the number of INTs but when and how they happen.

INTs will play a big part in who remains at QB throughout the year. Not just the number of INTs but when and how they happen.
Taking care of the football & the moving chains. Big plays from a QB are always nice, but don't give the other team any extra chances & put your team in position to succeed. That's all I'm looking for from our QB right now. Once our starter (whoever that is) has shown he can successfully do that, then we can start to expect more.

Taking care of the football & the moving chains. Big plays from a QB are always nice, but don't give the other team any extra chances & put your team in position to succeed. That's all I'm looking for from our QB right now. Once our starter (whoever that is) has shown he can successfully do that, then we can start to expect more.
Establishing a dominant offensive line to facilitate the run game will go a long way to minimize the INTs.

It's still in good fun.

Discovering that you are afflicted with a football fanny fetish is not my idea of fun. It makes me wanna throw up.
:Puke:

However, I am trying to be more optimistic these days...trying to look for the good in everything as much as I can. In this case, the good thing is that you are no longer in denial.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Back