• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

QB Battle Update

If you had to predict right now, who will be our starting QB in the fall?

• Tanner Lee

Votes: 91 84.3%
  • Patrick O'Brien

Votes: 15 13.9%
  • Tristan Gebbia or Andrew Bunch

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
You misspelled watch.

That's Ironic knowing that you said that UCF has a cute head coach. Remember that? HuskerNCorpus should be talking to you. If anyone has formed an opinion of SF's physical features, you are definitely the one.

:nod:

Last edited:

All football programs need fans and donors. I am sure SF welcomes my support. He earned it by being one of UNL's greatest football warriors.

There are 90,000 obsessed Husker fans in Memorial Stadium 7 times per year, and plenty more on the HuskerMax board...and many of them make much bigger donations to the UNL football program than I did to UCF's program.

I want SF to be successful as a head coach, and yes it shows. I went to Orlando to check out his leadership style. I went there as a SF fan and came away as a believer. SF is an outstanding leader with a fine moral character. After the terror attack in Orlando he donated blood the very next day.

I am interested in SF's HCing career because he is a Husker football icon. Why you are interested in his backside is something I can't explain. You will have to do that.

And if it makes you feel better, my football camp attendance fee was a tax deductible donation to the UCF nutrition program. UCF also gave me a veteran's discount, so my cost to attend was about $2,000. The trip also gave me the opportunity to visit the attractions in Orlando.

And furthermore, my donation to the UCF nutrition program was peanuts...

"Bob Garvy has made a $1 million gift commitment to UCF Athletics to fund the creation of the Garvy Center for Student-Athlete Nutrition, pending Board of Trustees approval"

https://today.ucf.edu/garvy-commits-1-million-student-athlete-nutrition-center/

But hey, if UCF ever holds a football fanny fantasy camp, I'll make sure you are the first to know. I am sure you will be all over it like white on rice.

Cheers!

:Cheers:
tenor.gif

QBs will probably have the green jersey's on and if they run an option they won't be tackled. So an option play is possible for the spring game. But I can't imagine us running it during the regular season. Will the zone read still be part of the game plan? Who knows.

Maybe AC knows. He attends practices. Are Lee, POB and Gebbia practicing the option and the zone read....or any type of run plays designed for the QB other than the QB sneak?

Did I just come up with another $64 question?

:Confused:
I think we will still run some zone read, I wish we'd drop that over-hyped stuff too, but there is some value in the play whether your QB is a big running threat or not. I can understand why an OC would run it at times, I'm just not a fan of it.

Understood. I didn't feel any heartburn about SF going to Stanford but when Eric Crouch quit the team when Solich named Newcombe the starter it forever tainted my view of Crouch. Same thing.

When I was in Orlando in August, UCF had a football kick-off luncheon. It was a very elaborate event and a significant donation was required to attend. For me, it was part of the camp package. After SF gave his presentation he took questions from the crowd. One person asked him which of the many great coaches he played for, or worked with, had the most influence on him. He gave credit to every coach he worked with, but he said, in the end, that Tom Osborne was the coach he admired the most and the one he would most like to be like.

Obviously, I thought that was pretty cool.

Yes, I remember SF jilting TO and going to Stanford, but a stronger memory I have was SF grabbing the mike after the Tennessee game and saying "This great man TO deserves to end his coaching career with another NC."
no heartburn, just shows a me first attitude. There were players on the team that did not care fore Frost either.

All football programs need fans and donors. I am sure SF welcomes my support. He earned it by being one of UNL's greatest football warriors.

There are 90,000 obsessed Husker fans in Memorial Stadium 7 times per year, and plenty more on the HuskerMax board...and many of them make much bigger donations to the UNL football program than I did to UCF's program.

I want SF to be successful as a head coach, and yes it shows. I went to Orlando to check out his leadership style. I went there as a SF fan and came away as a believer. SF is an outstanding leader with a fine moral character. After the terror attack in Orlando he donated blood the very next day.

I am interested in SF's HCing career because he is a Husker football icon. Why you are interested in his backside is something I can't explain. You will have to do that.

And if it makes you feel better, my football camp attendance fee was a tax deductible donation to the UCF nutrition program. UCF also gave me a veteran's discount, so my cost to attend was about $2,000. The trip also gave me the opportunity to visit the attractions in Orlando.

And furthermore, my donation to the UCF nutrition program was peanuts...

"Bob Garvy has made a $1 million gift commitment to UCF Athletics to fund the creation of the Garvy Center for Student-Athlete Nutrition, pending Board of Trustees approval"

https://today.ucf.edu/garvy-commits-1-million-student-athlete-nutrition-center/

But hey, if UCF ever holds a football fanny fantasy camp, I'll make sure you are the first to know. I am sure you will be all over it like white on rice.

Cheers!

:Cheers:
You gave them $2,000 dollars worth of peanuts? GBR!!!

I remember during Mike Riley's first spring practice here he said something to the affect of, after he called his first QB running play here at Nebraska he laughed a little bit, because he couldn't recall calling a play involving a QB designed to run with the ball before.

Again, that's not a direct quote, if someone finds it that'd be great. I know he likes a drop back, pro style offense but I remember thinking, man he's coached a long time, he's never called a play where a QB was designed to run with the ball?!

Translation, I wouldn't look for too many QB running plays whether it be a version of the option or otherwise.

I remember during Mike Riley's first spring practice here he said something to the affect of, after he called his first QB running play here at Nebraska he laughed a little bit, because he couldn't recall calling a play involving a QB designed to run with the ball before.

Again, that's not a direct quote, if someone finds it that'd be great. I know he likes a drop back, pro style offense but I remember thinking, man he's coached a long time, he's never called a play where a QB was designed to run with the ball?!

Translation, I wouldn't look for too many QB running plays whether it be a version of the option or otherwise.

I always thought it was a difficult balance. I think historically our offense worked best when our quarterback, while a threat to run, was better at getting the ball to the playmakers... I believe we suffered when we had more of a "running back" in the QB position... and it's very hard to find a true dual threat quarterback

Last edited:

I always thought it was a difficult balance. I think historically our offense worked best when our quarterback, while a threat to run, was better at getting the ball to the playmakers... I believe we suffered when we had more of a "running back" in the QB position... and it's very hard to find a true dual threat quarterback
I agree with this.
Turner great runner but the O was better when he got the ball to MR and IF
TF great runner but in general the O was better when he got the ball to LP, AG or one of the FB
The previous bullet proved when Brook took over as he was a good not great runner but was outstanding at getting the ball into playmakers hand.

Further proof was made when FHCFS recruited some great running QBs but they were not great at getting the ball into other playmakers hands. So teams just keyed on the QBs and that led to some terrible losses.

GET TICKETS

Back