• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

QB Alex Manske Commits To Iowa State

Id be surprised if we get a HS QB in 2025 class. Would need some one in the portal at some point, but with 4 & 5star in the 2024 class, I bet we might just pass this year as long as a portal guy gets taken

Last edited:

I think he is just being realistic and pivoted to look at other teams with more enticing depth charts. He wants to play and maybe he sees better opportunities elsewhere.

Worth being patient and let him take the visits. If there’s any uncertainty in his mind, it’s best to get that cleared up now rather than the week before signing day next winter. And this is the time he can take trips to see other schools and be treated like a celebrity guest.

And most team’s quarterback room will look different next December than it looks now.
If I was advising a high school, junior, I would tell him to look around and take a lot of visits. He may need to make decisions next fall, and it is best to have as much information and firsthand experience with the schools as possible.

Would love to get him, but have no issue with him taking visits. "If" he isn't coming here because of Dylan and Danny I wouldn't understand that as there is competition everywhere. Hopefully we find someone in the transfer portal who can provide quality depth, because it seems our QB gets hurt every year for at least a game or two.

Yep. DK isn't afraid to compete.
And THAT’S the kind of players we need at ALL positions. The willingness and desire to compete. You get 100 players that are willing to do whatever it takes for the good of the team. You have the makings of something special.

It's very clear they are targeting QBs with adequate athleticism as opposed to athletes trying to be QBs (which has been a decade's-long failed experiment). I'll take the former every day of the week. You'd think with what we've seen this year that targeting guys like Manske and Kaelen would be a sight for sore eyes.

You don't have to have a "run first" QB to be successful.
This. All day long.

Even if we don't get Manske, we need to keep recruiting the 5*/elite QB types every year. We can't take a year off or let Raiola or whomever allow us to become complacent in QB recruiting. I don't think Rhule will let that happen. The best programs lose elite QB's often, we as fans will just need to get used to it here.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back