• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

QB Alex Manske Commits To Iowa State

IMO, Manske was first because of location. He isn't number one, simply a on a long list of ones.
Tried to say this a lot time ago. We need to target more highly rated quarterbacks if we are going to get back to the level we were at in football. Manske will no doubt be great, but he was a mid-grade 3 star. That’s not the caliber we need for the program.

Tried to say this a lot time ago. We need to target more highly rated quarterbacks if we are going to get back to the level we were at in football. Manske will no doubt be great, but he was a mid-grade 3 star. That’s not the caliber we need for the program.
Fully agree. The kid from sodak that went to osu jumped at the chance, so should a Manske to us if we're doing it right.

This makes sense for him. For him to jump into competition with “the most ready kid since trevor lawrence”, and start one year behind….. thatd be a foolish decision. Hes going to a place where he get even competition and a legit shot
Good luck alex

Serious question ...

If you think Manske will be "great," does his star rating even matter? The way Rhule recruits, it is quite clear that star ratings wont prevent him from going after a kid because he may be overlooked by the services.

Good luck to Alex! Truly. Until real NIL and portal transfer rules, final (final) conference realignment, and the ongoing cannibalization of college football comes to the inevitable Armageddon of its own doing, QB recruiting will be a hilarious and ridiculous roller coaster ride for every D1 football program in the country. I’ll check back in ten years when we have one sixteen-team super conference that just collapsed under its own weight. Then we can start over, and some of this recruiting (especially QB recruiting) will have actual meaning with actual rosters. In the meanwhile, I’m interested in personnel discussions only when the depth chart drops for a particular game. Every other day of the year, other than that game day, is irrelevant. The future is here — not grounded to this particular recruit at all — and it will get much uglier before it ever gets better.

Serious question ...

If you think Manske will be "great," does his star rating even matter? The way Rhule recruits, it is quite clear that star ratings wont prevent him from going after a kid because he may be overlooked by the services.
You’re right, guilty as charged. He is looks average and he’s ranked accordingly. I didn’t want to say it that way, but that’s how it looks. I just think we need to recruit top tier. Not just for the talent they bring, but the peer recruiting that typically follows. My honest answer.

Last edited:
You’re right, guilty as charged. He is looks average and he’s ranked accordingly. I didn’t want to say it that way, but that’s how it looks. I just think we need to recruit top tier. Not just for the talent they bring, but the peer recruiting that typically follows. My honest answer.
Agree. Bringing in Thomas isn't for hope and player types. We have to start thinking bigger.

Good luck to Alex! Truly. Until real NIL and portal transfer rules, final (final) conference realignment, and the ongoing cannibalization of college football comes to the inevitable Armageddon of its own doing, QB recruiting will be a hilarious and ridiculous roller coaster ride for every D1 football program in the country. I’ll check back in ten years when we have one sixteen-team super conference that just collapsed under its own weight. Then we can start over, and some of this recruiting (especially QB recruiting) will have actual meaning with actual rosters. In the meanwhile, I’m interested in personnel discussions only when the depth chart drops for a particular game. Every other day of the year, other than that game day, is irrelevant. The future is here — not grounded to this particular recruit at all — and it will get much uglier before it ever gets better.
And uglier just happened with Dartmouth ruling.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back