• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Projected Starting Lineups for 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he projects to guard, then Nebraska is thinner at OT than I thought. Are they playing Qvale at OG too or Tackle? I know he is another player who has moved back-and-forth between the two spots.

qvale was moved out to tackle...with nebraska implementing more pulling/movement of the guards, qvale, along with other recruits no longer fit system. i think that is a big reason we ended up with many walkons vaulting to the top of the depth charts out of no where. along with us recruiting a few more athletic linemen than expected...:2cents:

QB taylor, armstrong
RB burkhead, cross
FB marrow, zimmer
WR enunwa, marlowe/westerkamp
WR bell, turner
TE cotton/reed
LT moore, sirles
LG rodriguez, choi
C pensick, jackson
RG long, thurston/cotton
RT sirles, sterup
DE merideth, carter
DT steinkuler, peat
DT rome, randle
DE martin, ankrah
LB santos/anderson
LB compton, roach
LB whaley, rose/pirman
CB seisay, evans
CB green, bell/jean-babtise
PESO cooper, heard
SS stafford, osbourne
FS smith, jackson
K/P maher
PR abdullah, turner
KR green/abdullah

maybe not day 1, but armstrong jumping carnes, i see pensick holding on at center along with jackson in the mix, sirles being the true backup at LT, anderson perhaps not being as breath taking as david and hence yielding time to santos, thurston vaulting the other young linemen, martin taking over at DE, whaley holding off a young rose and pirman getting into the lb mix, cooper gettng in on a lot of snaps, maybe even heard.....o yeah still no one to replace adi!

Last edited:

Yup....I don't think folks realize just how good he is....they will soon....:)

This goes back to an earlier post I made on redshirts. For some reason when they redshirt they become forgotten. I can understand the fans but cannot understand why the media is guilty of this.

QB: Taylor Martinez (Jr.), Brion Carnes (So.), Tommy Armstrong (Fr., redshirt)
RB: Rex Burkhead (Sr.), Aaron Green(would like to see more screens to him or ameer (So.), Ameer Abdullah (So.), Imani Cross (Fr redshirt.)(also would like to see more screens and passes to the flats to our rb like osu game.
FB: Mike Marrow (Jr.), C.J. Zimmerer (Jr.)
WR: Quincy Enunwa (Jr.)( needs 7 passes attempts to him a game) Taariq Allen (RFr.), Khiry Cooper (Sr.)
WR: Kenny Bell (So.), Jordan Westerkamp redshirt but dont think he will Fr.)
WR: Jamal Turner (So.),(would like to see him get 5-10 touches a game) Tim Marlowe (Sr.)
TE: Ben Cotton (Sr.), Kyler Reed (Sr.), David Sutton (RFr.)
LT: Tyler Moore (So.), zach sterup
LG: Andrew Rodriguez (Jr.),Jake Cotton (So.) Seung Hoon-Choi (Sr.), Paul Thurston (Fr., redshirt)
C: Ryne Reeves (RFr.), Cole Pensick (Jr.), Givens Price (RFr.)
RG: Spencer Long (Jr.), Jake Cotton (So.)Ryan Klachko (RFr.), Brent Qvale (Jr.)
RT: Jeremiah Sirles (Jr.), Zach Sterup (RFr.)

Time to tell if beck is the man at OC. I'm scared for our offensive line.

DE: Cameron Meredith (Sr.), Joseph Carter (Sr.), Greg McMullen (Fr., redshirt)
DT: Baker Steinkuhler (Sr.), Thad Randle (Jr.), Jay Guy (So.)
DT: Chase Rome (So.), Todd Peat (RFr.), Kevin Williams (RFr.)
DE: Jason Ankrah (Jr.), Eric Martin (Sr.), Donovan Vestal (So.)
WLB: Zaire Anderson (Jr.), David Santos (RFr.), Thomas Brown (Fr., redshirt)
MLB: Will Compton (Sr.), Trevor Roach (So.), Jared Afalava (Fr., redshirt)
SLB: Michael Rose (Fr.), Alonzo Whaley (Sr.), Sean Fisher (Sr.)
CB: Mohammed Seisay (Jr.), Stanley Jean-Baptiste (Jr.), Daniel Davie (RFr.)
CB: Andrew Green (Jr.), Ciante Evans (Jr.), Braylon Heard (So., redshirt)
S: Daimion Stafford (Sr.), Courtney Osborne (Sr.), Harvey Jackson (So.)
S: P.J. Smith (Sr.), Corey Cooper (So.), Harvey Jackson (So.)

I'm really excited for Nebraska defense this year. I think we have a strong defensive line. A decent linebacking crew and a pretty good secondary.

PT: Brett Maher (Sr.), Sam Foltz (Fr., redshirt)
PK: Brett Maher (Sr.), Mauro Bondi (So., redshirt)
PR: Ameer Abdullah (So.), Jamal Turner (So.)
KR: Ameer Abdullah (So.), Kenny Bell (So.)[/QUOTE] Jamal turner. (please get marlow as far away from this position.

Boy Michael Rose must be really special if all of you guys think he'll step right in and start ahead of two guys who are four years older than he is and have grown up in the Pelini system. Agree with many other comments re Fisher. Wish he had moved to TE years ago. Whaley just seemed to "get it" at the end of last year. Is Rose actually slated to play the strong side or is that just everybody's guess?

Boy Michael Rose must be really special if all of you guys think he'll step right in and start ahead of two guys who are four years older than he is and have grown up in the Pelini system. Agree with many other comments re Fisher. Wish he had moved to TE years ago. Whaley just seemed to "get it" at the end of last year. Is Rose actually slated to play the strong side or is that just everybody's guess?

I can only speak for my own personal evaluation of the four LB'ers. I envision Zaire Anderson as a perfect WILL and feel that to be his best position. With Michael Rose, I think he can play all three of the LB spots. I think MIKE is his best position, but feel he can easily transition to SAM to get onto the field. Jared Afalava could also play MIKE, but IMO SAM is his best position and will really develop nicely there in the next few years. I think Thomas Brown is a future MIKE but could also play SAM as well. The thing I like about the three HS LB'ers is that they are versatile. The staff did a great job bringing in these kids. Cant say enough how much they helped that position group with this recruiting class.

With the addition of these four, look at the depth and versatility the staff now (potentially) has.

As N2FL said Peat is the #3 guy....he is going make Husker fans forget brother Andrus before his career is over....has the 'stuff' to be as in the same realm as Suh and Crick....he is that good.....he and Tyler Moore are going to have big careers at Nebraska if they stay healthy....

Kevin Williams is the other half of our 2011 D-line guys and he has the potential to be very good.....very raw talent at this point and a big frame to grow into....I think Peat is ahead of him in both categories....

Peat like his brother is a special talent....no way around it....gonna be a real good one....:)

How about Kevin Williams? Seems like he was getting some raves for awhile???

Don't forget about Afalava either....and I think Brown is going to be a real good one too.....our LB class this year could be very, very good over the next 4-5 years....all of these guys could see playing time....

Rose is college ready already and I think Afalava is too....reason they both got 4-star ratings are one or more recruting services....

Bottom line is Rose is going to be sprcial....smart, good instincts, football savy and just all around great potentinal at LB....

qvale was moved out to tackle...with nebraska implementing more pulling/movement of the guards, qvale, along with other recruits no longer fit system. i think that is a big reason we ended up with many walkons vaulting to the top of the depth charts out of no where. along with us recruiting a few more athletic linemen than expected...:2cents:

QB taylor, armstrong
RB burkhead, cross
FB marrow, zimmer
WR enunwa, marlowe/westerkamp
WR bell, turner
TE cotton/reed
LT moore, sirles
LG rodriguez, choi
C pensick, jackson
RG long, thurston/cotton
RT sirles, sterup
DE merideth, carter
DT steinkuler, peat
DT rome, randle
DE martin, ankrah
LB santos/anderson
LB compton, roach
LB whaley, rose/pirman
CB seisay, evans
CB green, bell/jean-babtise
PESO cooper, heard
SS stafford, osbourne
FS smith, jackson
K/P maher
PR abdullah, turner
KR green/abdullah

maybe not day 1, but armstrong jumping carnes, i see pensick holding on at center along with jackson in the mix, sirles being the true backup at LT, anderson perhaps not being as breath taking as david and hence yielding time to santos, thurston vaulting the other young linemen, martin taking over at DE, whaley holding off a young rose and pirman getting into the lb mix, cooper gettng in on a lot of snaps, maybe even heard.....o yeah still no one to replace adi!

Armstrong won't jump Carnes in YEAR 1. He's going to red shirt. I would hate for another talented kid's gift to be wasted based off his raw ability but unable to properly manage the team at this level. We saw it with Cody Green, we saw it with Taylor Martinez. One good thing is Brion Carnes would have went through the same thing had Martinez with down for a significant amount of time, but Carnes will be heading to his second Spring Camp and third season on the roster. He knows what to expect as well as he knows the playbook. He is also a talent himself. Armstrong is coming in talented, but raw ability is no reason to thing he will automatically jump someone whom hasn't even had a chance to show case his worth other than a spring game (which he did a damn good job). I think it's time for us (fans) to spike our Kool Aid with just a pinch of reality before in a season we see a bunch of threads suggesting "Armstrong should transfer". Yea it sounds like a silly statement now, but so did the statements about Green and Martinez, yet the found their way to the board.

Nor will Cross be the primary backup to Burkhead...

Or Santos ahead of Anderson....Anderson will be the #1 or #2 LB.....with Compton the other....

Rose has a shot at starting early too.....

Also don't count out scholarship kicker Mauro Bondi from taking the kicking job either....with Maher remaining the punter....the NFL loves Mahaer as a punter and he did struggle a bit as a kicker at the end....

Armstrong won't jump Carnes in YEAR 1. He's going to red shirt. I would hate for another talented kid's gift to be wasted based off his raw ability but unable to properly manage the team at this level. We saw it with Cody Green, we saw it with Taylor Martinez. One good thing is Brion Carnes would have went through the same thing had Martinez with down for a significant amount of time, but Carnes will be heading to his second Spring Camp and third season on the roster. He knows what to expect as well as he knows the playbook. He is also a talent himself. Armstrong is coming in talented, but raw ability is no reason to thing he will automatically jump someone whom hasn't even had a chance to show case his worth other than a spring game (which he did a damn good job). I think it's time for us (fans) to spike our Kool Aid with just a pinch of reality before in a season we see a bunch of threads suggesting "Armstrong should transfer". Yea it sounds like a silly statement now, but so did the statements about Green and Martinez, yet the found their way to the board.

Don't forget about Afalava either....and I think Brown is going to be a real good one too.....our LB class this year could be very, very good over the next 4-5 years....all of these guys could see playing time....Rose is college ready already and I think Afalava is too....reason they both got 4-star ratings are one or more recruting services....Bottom line is Rose is going to be sprcial....smart, good instincts, football savy and just all around great potentinal at LB....

Okay, RR, I'm not asking for any predictions, but I am curious as to how you think the staff will handle what could be a great problem -- too many talented LBs. Do you think they redshirt 1-2 guys after the first few weeks of the season or do they "plug and play" the guys similar to the RB triplets and burn those redshirts? Can we afford to put 1 or 2 of these guys on the shelf or do we need the depth?

As oppossed to only two that were worth a hoot this past season (David & Compton).....Whaley showed some life late in the season....I think they are salivating at having enough LBs to rotate and keep the starters fresh....

I think the best 5-6 guys will play....only Compton and Anderson have spots at this point in my opinion....with the rest are up for grabs.....honestly i could see two of the true Frosh making the rotation.....

We need the depth....was not their in 2011....hence the JUCO commit....and the three Frosh I like allot.....Anderson looks like another er Pelini impact JUCO commit too....

Okay, RR, I'm not asking for any predictions, but I am curious as to how you think the staff will handle what could be a great problem -- too many talented LBs. Do you think they redshirt 1-2 guys after the first few weeks of the season or do they "plug and play" the guys similar to the RB triplets and burn those redshirts? Can we afford to put 1 or 2 of these guys on the shelf or do we need the depth?

Nor will Cross be the primary backup to Burkhead...

Or Santos ahead of Anderson....Anderson will be the #1 or #2 LB.....with Compton the other....

Rose has a shot at starting early too.....

Also don't count out scholarship kicker Mauro Bondi from taking the kicking job either....with Maher remaining the punter....the NFL loves Mahaer as a punter and he did struggle a bit as a kicker at the end....

we shall see...i have not been as giddy about the 3 freshman backs as others have and am hopeful that cross can come in and get carries. no question that abdullah and green (heard moved) will be involved in the offense, but in what capacity? my idea of a running back is not percy harvin...if cross ends up with more carries then i would consider him #2...as for anderson, thats simple skeptical that we have the same kinda luck as we have had with demorrio and lavonte...remember that david first got bumped up because of injury, so i will consider myself correct if santos roles out day one because anderson is still learning...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back