• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Projected Starting Lineups for 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he was fully back from his injury last season. From all reports, he knows the defense but seemed slower than he was when he went down. I don't know if it was mental or physical, but given the athlete he is (was), I could see him stepping up this year. It would be a nice story if he does.

It's also Whaley's last rodeo, so I could see him have his break-out season. He showed flashes at the end of last season anyway...

Actually I agree with all you have there N2FL. Only thing I might add is Bo has made comment about Pirman showing great promise at linebacker.

What has Sean Fisher done to show you (or anyone) that he is the kind of player you want starting? I think Whaley basically took over his spot the last few games. IMO if Rose cant learn the "D" fast enough, Alonzo Whaley will go back to starting.

Agree.

I was glad to see Whaley on the field for the last few games! You actually saw him in on tackles and showed some passion! The ONLY play I remember Fisher "in on" was when tOSU QB tripped over his own feet and injured himself. Fisher was on the ground close to him! He is just too tall and thin to get off blocks and make a tackle. Would like to see Maher not have to punt and kick! Even though he did great, it appeared his leg strength was diminishing by end of the season. With our kickoff coverage, I would rather have a fresh leg there to ensure a touch back.

I would like to see Fisher move to DE especially for passing situations. He just got his clocked clean as a LB. at 6'6" even he said it was difficult to get low enough and he is a good athlete. Not sure on his speed but that wingspan of his you would think he could bat a couple of balls down or atleast disrupt the vision of the qb.

As a senior it is probably too late, but think if he has any hands he should be a TE.

Also expect to see Todd Peat get a ton of playing time this year and enter 2013 as one of the starters with Baker graduating...he is that good....

With recruiting likely to be quiet at least until Spring, I thought it would be fun to guess where some of these new additions might fit in. Of course its way too early and all conjecture at this point...but its fun ;)

This will obviously be altered as news of how players performed during spring practices and ultimately summer camp is known. Much like the way too early Top 25 lists coming out, here is my way too early look at how I think the depth chart may play out by September...feel free to add your own.

QB: Taylor Martinez (Jr.), Brion Carnes (So.), Tommy Armstrong (Fr., redshirt)
RB: Rex Burkhead (Sr.), Aaron Green (So.), Ameer Abdullah (So.), Imani Cross (Fr.)
FB: Mike Marrow (Jr.), C.J. Zimmerer (Jr.)
WR: Quincy Enunwa (Jr.), Taariq Allen (RFr.), Khiry Cooper (Sr.)
WR: Kenny Bell (So.), Jordan Westerkamp (Fr.)
WR: Jamal Turner (So.), Tim Marlowe (Sr.)
TE: Ben Cotton (Sr.), Kyler Reed (Sr.), David Sutton (RFr.)
LT: Tyler Moore (So.), Jake Cotton (So.)
LG: Andrew Rodriguez (Jr.), Seung Hoon-Choi (Sr.), Paul Thurston (Fr., redshirt)
C: Ryne Reeves (RFr.), Cole Pensick (Jr.), Givens Price (RFr.)
RG: Spencer Long (Jr.), Ryan Klachko (RFr.), Brent Qvale (Jr.)
RT: Jeremiah Sirles (Jr.), Zach Sterup (RFr.)

DE: Cameron Meredith (Sr.), Joseph Carter (Sr.), Greg McMullen (Fr., redshirt)
DT: Baker Steinkuhler (Sr.), Thad Randle (Jr.), Jay Guy (So.)
DT: Chase Rome (So.), Todd Peat (RFr.), Kevin Williams (RFr.)
DE: Jason Ankrah (Jr.), Eric Martin (Sr.), Donovan Vestal (So.)
WLB: Zaire Anderson (Jr.), David Santos (RFr.), Thomas Brown (Fr., redshirt)
MLB: Will Compton (Sr.), Trevor Roach (So.), Jared Afalava (Fr., redshirt)
SLB: Michael Rose (Fr.), Alonzo Whaley (Sr.), Sean Fisher (Sr.)
CB: Mohammed Seisay (Jr.), Stanley Jean-Baptiste (Jr.), Daniel Davie (RFr.)
CB: Andrew Green (Jr.), Ciante Evans (Jr.), Braylon Heard (So., redshirt)
S: Daimion Stafford (Sr.), Courtney Osborne (Sr.), Harvey Jackson (So.)
S: P.J. Smith (Sr.), Corey Cooper (So.), Harvey Jackson (So.)

PT: Brett Maher (Sr.), Sam Foltz (Fr., redshirt)
PK: Brett Maher (Sr.), Mauro Bondi (So., redshirt)
PR: Ameer Abdullah (So.), Jamal Turner (So.)
KR: Ameer Abdullah (So.), Kenny Bell (So.)

I agree with this list except I would like to see Jamal Turner on KR in place of Kenny Bell. Jamal is much more shifty than Kenny Bell. I think the plan to kick away from Ameer will be just as dangerous on the opposing special teams with Turner back their with him.

Notoriuosly out of date. He was at RG prior to his injury. He was at RT when fall camp started, I think. Probably coukd play either, but I'd slot him at #2 RG myself.
If he projects to guard, then Nebraska is thinner at OT than I thought. Are they playing Qvale at OG too or Tackle? I know he is another player who has moved back-and-forth between the two spots.

Actually I agree with all you have there N2FL. Only thing I might add is Bo has made comment about Pirman showing great promise at linebacker.
Saw that too. It was between Thomas Brown and Max Pirman for that 3rd WLB spot...I was going to put Pirman there because I anticipate Pelini wanting to redshirt Brown and Afalava, unless one or both really shows something during the summer. Ideally they should redshirt, but one or both might break the rotation.

Also expect to see Todd Peat get a ton of playing time this year and enter 2013 as one of the starters with Baker graduating...he is that good....
Agree that Todd Peat will be the #3 DT and IMHO will be getting close to a pretty even split in reps with Rome by B1G play.

N2FL:840471 said:
Fisher will start. Unless Rose is some sort of a genius. Otherwise looks good.:cool:

What has Sean Fisher done to show you (or anyone) that he is the kind of player you want starting? I think Whaley basically took over his spot the last few games. IMO if Rose cant learn the "D" fast enough, Alonzo Whaley will go back to starting.

He knows the defense. Plain and simple. Rose may be more athletic but that wont stop him from blowing coverages because he has no idea what hes doing. Orrrrr Rose may be the next David. Just going off of what I know.

McMullen I could see getting a ton of playing time too....in my opinion he has the body and skill to play as a true Frosh....

Yup....I don't think folks realize just how good he is....they will soon....:)

Agree that Todd Peat will be the #3 DT and IMHO will be getting close to a pretty even split in reps with Rome by B1G play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back