• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Preliminary Chubba Mea Culpa Acknolwedgement

I was pleasantly surprised with his play last night. After watching him last year my expectations were pretty low. Some on here said he was playing hurt last year and I can definitely believe it as he looked night and day different compared to last year.

We just saw the best half of QB play we have had all year. Will it extend into the second half we will have to see

It is about time for those who adamantly professed that Chubba is awful and has no DNA connection to his brother need to get ready to open the mouth and eat dirt.

If you are lucky those of us supporting Chubba will be proven wrong in the second half but then you would have to root against the huskers.
I too was a Chubba critic. He played well enough for NU to win this game against another mediocre opponent. Having said that …

Purdy looked like a guy playing his 3rd game of the season against guys playing in their 11th. He was fresher, he was less sore, he wasn’t limited against guys he was playing with and against.

I also think Satterfield utilized CP much better than Whipple ever did. He didn’t ask a square peg to play in a round hole.

If Purdy is our starter next year we are consigned to a 6 or 7 win season next year.
Based on what? Next season we will have a much better OL, WR's and likely better RB and TE play.

Chubba has equivalent of maybe 2 games experience in past two years. I thought he looked good last night and could be very effective

Our defense next year will be lights out and if the offense can average 28 points per game we win 9 to 11 games

Based on what? Next season we will have a much better OL, WR's and likely better RB and TE play.
Based on Rutgers, Indiana, tOSU, UCLA and USC for Michigan, Maryland, MSU, Northwestern and Minnesota.

Not sure how you see the OLine being better unless there is a huge infusion of new talent and even then the talent has to be significantly better and that certainly isn’t assured.

Based on Rutgers, Indiana, tOSU, UCLA and USC for Michigan, Maryland, MSU, Northwestern and Minnesota.

Not sure how you see the OLine being better unless there is a huge infusion of new talent and even then the talent has to be significantly better and that certainly isn’t assured.
I am expect the true freshmen OL will significantly contribute next year. Plus we pick up one transfer portal starter.

We a decent offense every team you listed with exception of Michigan we can realistically beat. Before you say USC, they are losing Williams and frankly are not that good minus him.

There isn't one team you listed that will score more than 24 points on us except for Michigan. So all are very winnable with a decent offense instead of what we had this year.

and what QB would you suggest can do better given what you just listed has nothing to do with the QB play?

Chubba has equivalent of maybe 2 games experience in past two years. I thought he looked good last night and could be very effective

Our defense next year will be lights out and if the offense can average 28 points per game we win 9 to 11 games
Funny I was going to argue the opposite side of this. 6-7 wins feels wildly optimistic to me this morning. Hope you are right @dallasblackshirt !

We just saw the best half of QB play we have had all year. Will it extend into the second half we will have to see

It is about time for those who adamantly professed that Chubba is awful and has no DNA connection to his brother need to get ready to open the mouth and eat dirt.

If you are lucky those of us supporting Chubba will be proven wrong in the second half but then you would have to root against the huskers.
Have to give credit when it's due. China dis a nice job.

I was pleasantly surprised with his play last night. After watching him last year my expectations were pretty low. Some on here said he was playing hurt last year and I can definitely believe it as he looked night and day different compared to last year.
A great surprize.

Holes, holes, holes... RB's, OLine, injuries killed us at WR, Kemp is the only one capable of getting open when we needed it. The underclass men will get better, but the portal will be very important in the off season.

fair enough, but again, you asserted we'll be 5-7 next year with Purdy. What QB do youvsee changing that given all your other concerns?
I just don’t think CP is THAT guy to elevate an offense. He might be better than JS and HH but that bar isn’t very high.

Talking out of both sides of my mouth … if we had a QB who protected the ball better, we win 3 if not 4 more games with this year’s schedule. Is CP that guy? He is part of the reason we lost to Maryland.

We need to get healthier. We need a better performance from our OLine, Better production from our RBs.

Back to your question … we need a QB with a 3 to 4+ TD (rushing/passing) to Turnover (fumbles/INTs) ratio. Is CP that guy? He isn’t to date.

I just don’t think CP is THAT guy to elevate an offense. He might be better than JS and HH but that bar isn’t very high.

Talking out of both sides of my mouth … if we had a QB who protected the ball better, we win 3 if not 4 more games with this year’s schedule. Is CP that guy? He is part of the reason we lost to Maryland.

We need to get healthier. We need a better performance from our OLine, Better production from our RBs.

Back to your question … we need a QB with a 3 to 4+ TD (rushing/passing) to Turnover (fumbles/INTs) ratio. Is CP that guy? He isn’t to date.
I agree he isn't yet, but imo he looked better than servicable yesterday. He's played 1 game + 8 snaps this year and is only a sophmore. He has always had the physical tools; if the mental part of QB comes for him, he very well could be that guy. We truly wont know until next year if he earns the chance.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back