• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Post Spring/Pre Fall Camp News Update

Bingo. I like Matt Rhule although I was more on the side of hiring Fickell. Rhule is the only guy we have had since Osborne who has embraced the Husker way rather than coming in trying to change everything about the program. Callahan and Bo tried to bully their way to win. That may have worked for Devaney but that was a different time. Mike Reilly was the "nice guy" and that didn't work. Frost should have worked but he believed his hype and forgot to coach. I used to get bored with the first four games on the schedule (although that tie the first game of the season with LSU in 1976 still stings). Losing to Colorado or Troy or some other mid major puts the program behind the eight ball and in the Big Ten you just can't get away with that.
We made the right choice in MR over Fickell, no doubt.
He wouldn't retain a former player and excellent D coordinator.
While MR retained a former Badger brought up in the old Nebraska way through BA.

Yep. Potter, I think got both

That defense actually had a good number of players who spent time in the NFL.

Titus Adams, Daniel Bullocks, Zack Bowman, Adam Carriker, Phillip Dillard, Cody Glenn (Played FB and LB before playing LB in the NFL), Jay Moore, Steve Octavien, Potter, Bo Rudd, Suh. I think a couple others were on rosters or practice squads but never played.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back