• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Post Spring/Pre Fall Camp News Update

While we finished 40th in passing yds allowed last year; Sanders threw for 393 yards and 2 TDs last year. This could well be a shootout.

That was Game Two of Coach White's new 3-3--5 defense and the mistakes in offense did them no favor either

In my opinion you can not compare what happened early in the 2023 season with what is coming in September

We are a completely different team on offense and our defense is one of the top units in the country

Colorado appears to be the same one trick pony again

Not to mention they open against NDSU a team who could beat them on opening weekend

Last edited:
That was Game Two of Coach White's new 3-3--5 defense and the mistakes in offense did them no favor either

In my opinion you can not compare what happened early in the 2023 season with what is coming in September

We are a completely different team on offense and our defense is one of the top units in the country

Colorado appears to be the same one trick pony again

Not to mention they open against NDSU a team who could beat them on opening weekend
Not to mention. We have most of our 3 deep back. They lost most second and third string guys and a few starters. What that means in terms of continuity.

1. Most of our 1st and 2nd team D is fully familiar with the scheme. They were not last year.
2. They had a QB and WR that were both familiar with the "new" offensive scheme. We had no one.
3. They have virtually the same offense as last year. So our D will be ready for what they see.
4. Even though we probably are starting a new QB The rest of the O is intact and any changes to positions seem to be an upgrade over last year.
5. Our starting QB last year had a less than 60% completion percentage. Additionally, 1 out of every 7 passes he threw was an INT. Add to that he only threw 1 TD.
6. We do not know what DR will do, but, if he is that bad, he will be a historically bad highly rated recruit.
7. add to that we had 3 fumbles in the game. Hopefully we will look better than that at RB this year.
8. Looking again at the passing game, I remember very few passes hitting our WR in stride last year. All of the available film on DR shows him hitting WR in stride at all levels.
9. We have 10 returning starters on offense, and some of those positions even got upgrades in the off season. (See WR and RB)
10. We have 7 returning starters on D including the 2 DT. Shedeur better get a lot of cardio because I suspect he will be running away a lot in this game.

11. My biggest concern is our kicking game.

Not to mention. We have most of our 3 deep back. They lost most second and third string guys and a few starters. What that means in terms of continuity.

1. Most of our 1st and 2nd team D is fully familiar with the scheme. They were not last year.
2. They had a QB and WR that were both familiar with the "new" offensive scheme. We had no one.
3. They have virtually the same offense as last year. So our D will be ready for what they see.
4. Even though we probably are starting a new QB The rest of the O is intact and any changes to positions seem to be an upgrade over last year.
5. Our starting QB last year had a less than 60% completion percentage. Additionally, 1 out of every 7 passes he threw was an INT. Add to that he only threw 1 TD.
6. We do not know what DR will do, but, if he is that bad, he will be a historically bad highly rated recruit.
7. add to that we had 3 fumbles in the game. Hopefully we will look better than that at RB this year.
8. Looking again at the passing game, I remember very few passes hitting our WR in stride last year. All of the available film on DR shows him hitting WR in stride at all levels.
9. We have 10 returning starters on offense, and some of those positions even got upgrades in the off season. (See WR and RB)
10. We have 7 returning starters on D including the 2 DT. Shedeur better get a lot of cardio because I suspect he will be running away a lot in this game.

One unfortunate but thankfully now changed correction.
The qb who threw the td was under 50%

Fully agree that on paper, we should win this game. Consistently winning the games we should on paper will be an important step.

Is this a game where that happens?

(Also, kudos on the Monty Python clip :thumbsup: )

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back