• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Portal wants/needs

Idk if they need all this to be better than good....I would say just a better oline right now.
That’s what’s necessary to make a huge jump, and that only if what you bring in can play. Can’t keep fiddling around with 3, 4, 5 wins. Not gonna cut it at 9 million per.

We are going to have around 30 recruits in this class. Where are we finding room for 13 portal players?
Probably gonna have to encourage some to move on. It sucks, but that’s where this program is right now. Have to get help. Now. Can’t wait for HS talent to develop 2-3 years down the road. Immediate help is necessary.

Sportswriter yesterday said Rhule would have this roster developed in 2 years. He now thinks that timeline is much longer. Much. Longer.

2 OT
1-2 G
2 RB
2 QB
2 WR
2 DT
1 DE
1 LB

13 total. Get all this, and they are good to better than good, and this will turn around. That would be a minimum along with a solid recruiting class.
Seems like pretty realistic list. All you have to do is trim about 30 guys off the roster with a large recruiting class coming in and only about 10 running out of eligibility. Then you have to beat out the other 130 D1 programs in country for the small handful of transfer DTs and offensive linemen that become available. Convince two qbs better then what you have to transfer so one can become a backup. After that convince 2 good WRs to come play for a position coach that just became old enough to drink and 2 more RBs to come split time. Get the rest to come to this dumpster fire and we will be big 10 champs!

Seems like pretty realistic list. All you have to do is trim about 30 guys off the roster with a large recruiting class coming in and only about 10 running out of eligibility. Then you have to beat out the other 130 D1 programs in country for the small handful of transfer DTs and offensive linemen that become available. Convince two qbs better then what you have to transfer so one can become a backup. After that convince 2 good WRs to come play for a position coach that just became old enough to drink and 2 more RBs to come split time. Get the rest to come to this dumpster fire and we will be big 10 champs!
Well hell, may as well just close up shop then and not even try. There is playing time to be had here. Sell the hell out of it. If you need to move some guys out, do it. It’s big boy football. The product is weak, you gotta fill some of these holes. 9 m per year, yeah, you need to win man. What I listed is probably bare needs, so you gotta work, hard. Lot to sell here, do it. Picking up 10-12 dudes in the portal, is very doable. Just make sure you are mostly, picking the right guys. They missed on Sims. Jury still out on some others.

^ Not to mention, there will be probably 6-10 people who voluntarily enter the portal to leave. Happens every single year, since it started, nearly everywhere.

Yes. I mentioned that. Have to get the right players. Players that can play.
I think we got caught up in where these kids came from. Georgia, Florida, Ohio State, etc. Those teams have great players yes, but not every player that goes there is a stud. They weren't really contributors there. I think we need more players that were contributors and have playing experience. Even a starter from a much smaller school.

I think we got caught up in where these kids came from. Georgia, Florida, Ohio State, etc. Those teams have great players yes, but not every player that goes there is a stud. They weren't really contributors there. I think we need more players that were contributors and have playing experience. Even a starter from a much smaller school.

Current Husker Omar Brown (Northern iowa) and form WR Samouri Toure (Montana) come to mind.

If we are going portal we gotta do a better eval
How many mj shermans, cory colliers, tyreke johnson, stepp from SC, jacob hood, gilberts, d drew, cain williams and and on do we need?
I agree on most of those guys as they are 2-3 year players on those teams but I did like the Lineman Hood from GA he is just a redshirt frosh this year and needed to shape his body and gain muscle but hopefully he is getting that training now and will be part of the rotaition next year

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back