• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Portal wants/needs

I agree on most of those guys as they are 2-3 year players on those teams but I did like the Lineman Hood from GA he is just a redshirt frosh this year and needed to shape his body and gain muscle but hopefully he is getting that training now and will be part of the rotaition next year
If he takes to the SnC, agree

Roll out the wheelbarrow’s over flowing with NIL money deals and you’ll have NO SHORTAGE of excellent players jumping to transfer to Nebraska. Anyone that doesn’t think most of the top teams aren't doing exactly that aren't paying attention. Sanders kid is cruising around in a 200k car! This is all about NIL money while players are looking to strike it rich in the NFL. Sorry but that’s where college football is now imo.

IMO it's important to think about why college football, in its current form, exists. The amateurism model that was behind the development of college football for at least the first 50-60 years is almost extinct. It certainly doesn't exist in any of the P5 conferences. IMO it's only at FCS and below where that model might still exist.

Even at the FCS, I'm not so sure. Former George Mason Men's basketball head coach Jim Larranaga has told a story about once asking his GMU players if they thought they could play in the NBA. Every one of them said they could...including the walkon. Even at the FCS level, IMO many football players are there because they hope to make it to the NFL. As with every other college student, it's a means to an end, a job.

IMO the reason P5 college football developed, and the money in it exploded, is because of two things. One, Americans clearly love football. Two, pro football owners are many things, but they're not (usually) financially stupid. The $$ in P5 college football is there because the NFL's never developed a minor league system. They won't do that because college football does most of the player development for them for free. NFL teams drafting HS kids and hoping they'll develop would probably be as financially risky, if not riskier, than MLB teams drafting HS baseball players. NFL owners won't ever take that risk.

College football would still exist regardless of the NFL. However, I don't think the $$ would even be close to the same. IMO the $$ and TV coverage would be comparable to college baseball. In an era where most universities have one, or at most two, teams that financially support the rest of the department, those 1-2 profitable teams earning the most $$ they can is vital. To earn that kind of $$ you need the best players. It's not the players fault they can't enter the draft immediately and develop their skills in a minor league. If they could, most of them probably would.

Last edited:

2 OT
1-2 G
2 RB
2 QB
2 WR
2 DT
1 DE
1 LB

13 total. Get all this, and they are good to better than good, and this will turn around. That would be a minimum along with a solid recruiting class.
You have the cart before the horse. We need a very wealthy NIL bagman first.

You have the cart before the horse. We need a very wealthy NIL bagman first.
Well yes, you are correct. I had thought NU was strong in NIL, but they seemingly, are not. Check out this link from On3 recruiting. It says NU’s average NIL is 34k. That’s really bad. They are getting killed if this is accurate. Look at each teams ranking and scroll across to the right and you can see everyone’s average NIL.

Last edited:
2 OT
1-2 G
2 RB
2 QB
2 WR
2 DT
1 DE
1 LB

13 total. Get all this, and they are good to better than good, and this will turn around. That would be a minimum along with a solid recruiting class.
Everybody and their dogs are looking for starter quality tackles and QBs that can actually manage a system. WRs are going to want to see if the offense can even get them touches. Everybody and their dog is going full court press for xfers. The coaches that haven't relied on it are going to be behind the ball and they realize it. The first year MSU NU Colorado type infusions size wise are going to be gone unless it is Urban Meyer

Well yes, you are correct. I had thought NU was strong in NIL, but they seemingly, are not. Check out this link from On3 recruiting. It says NU’s average NIL is 34k. That’s really bad. They are getting killed if this is accurate. Look at each teams ranking and scroll across to the right and you can see everyone’s average NIL.

Excellent point. Also if you look look at average ranking we are like 87. Excellence is top 16. That is an average of 90 minimum.

Rhule talks about excellence in everything. We are moving towards a 16 team CFP. Dollars dictate that. The minimum bar is top 16 in recruiting and NIL

We can't fool ourselves into believing we are that developmental. You can only develop clay so much. At some point it has to be 4 star clay average.

IT was a eye opener for me......KU and K -State have more NIL than Nebraska.

Fuvk.the stadium upgrades spend that on NIL.

I know it's over we will never be anything but just average to below average.

We can't compete.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back