• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Players Only Meeting Last Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how everyone labeled the game as a "must win", and had we lost all hell would have broke loose, but we win the game and it means nothing. Sort of like last years win over OSU, biggest comeback in school history yet, it means nothing because the starting QB didn't finish the game.

Loss of players/coaches/etc....is never an excuse as every team goes through it. They lost their O-Lineman. We lost arguably our top three defensive players from a defense that was already struggling.

It WAS a must win. You think it's been crazy on the BBS since OSU? Imagine if NU was 3-3 (0-2). Everyone knew OSU would be tough but a loss to Wisco AND OSU effectively ends the season and possibly sends it into a tail spin. So, in that sense it was a must win....but a big impressive win? no.

The same Wisconsin team that is sitting at 5-2 and just racked up 645 yards (including 467 on the ground!) a week after the Huskers kept them under 300 total yards. Wisconsin 2012 isn't Wisconsin 2011, but they're a solid football team with a powerful running game and a proven winner at head coach.

The problem, as I've stated before, isn't that we are a bad team. It's a lack of consistency. I still think we can hang with any team in the conference, as well as most teams nationally. I just don't think we can do it every week.

You can keep propping up wisconsin all you want. They suck.

I'd like to hear more reports of fights breaking out in practice. Until we hear that guys are literally on the verge of beating the hell out of each other

Agreed...you have to hate to lose to learn how to win. Sounds simple, but unless losing hurts to the core...you'll never win consistently.

These posts that hint at some sort of moral superiority are tiring.

Fan expectations are really not that lofty anymore. At this point, we're not asking for National Championship contenders every year. We're just asking for good, competitive football. We're not getting it! All we get is to be told to lower our expectations yet again and stop complaining. Phooey! For as much time and money as we invest in this program, we have the right to modest expectations and the right to be heard when those expectations aren't met.

Moral superiority? How about an ounce of adulthood? This is not about expectations of a season, this is about m o v i n g o n. What happens when you fail at something in life? Do you constantly whine, complain and find blame, or do you move on and work at improvement? Yes, the Huskers have achieved perfection in the past, and its fine to strive to that point, but when it does not happen, and it will happen, we all need to have an ounce of self worth.

Moral superiority? How about an ounce of adulthood? This is not about expectations of a season, this is about m o v i n g o n. What happens when you fail at something in life? Do you constantly whine, complain and find blame, or do you move on and work at improvement? Yes, the Huskers have achieved perfection in the past, and its fine to strive to that point, but when it does not happen, and it will happen, we all need to have an ounce of self worth.

When I fail I move on and work at improvement. When others fail I constantly whine, complain and find blame. Just thought I'd clarify that for ya. ;)

+1
What is the point of rehashing anything negative all week or more until there's something new to rag about. The cafe is open for business; there is room for new whiners & complainers there. We can't change what has happened, we b-itched for days saying the same things over & over, now it's time to move on. The coaches & players are trying to do something about it. Let's see what happens.

I expect some of this "we suck" talk from the likes of GFoA, but there a some here that have had their big boy pants out to the cleaners. As with the players, we all should take a moment of forgetting about the past and looking forward to the next game, except for those who need to cry a bit more in their towels.

Tiresome to have to correct you repeatedly. Nothing about our team sucks. Even our coaching staff, which is the weakest link doesn't suck and I've not said it does. Just because I don't fawn all over Bo as the second coming of Bob or Tom, doesn't mean that I think he sucks. He is a good to mediocre coach, who tries hard, but is in way over his head and seems to be slipping even more. Hopefully, he will turn it around, it is not impossible...I am rooting for him.

Last edited:

Even the most patient adults finally run out of patience. Your statement implies that when you fail at something in life that you should move on and work at improvement. I agree with that, and the time may soon be coming that we move on from Bo and work at improvement by hiring another coach.

PS--not sure what your "self worth" comment means...while Bo may be giving some fans a bit of an inferiority complex, I think most are just thinking it may be time to cut bait.

Last edited:

Program on a pedestal + Coach that can do no wrong + Media not allowed to report negatively on program + Fans who blindly follow = Penn state.
There is nothing wrong with holding anyone accountable, questioning the process or having a difference of opinion. Sharing those thoughts and discussing those opinions in a civil manner only provides information that allows us to think and form an opinion of our own.

Program on a pedestal + Coach that can do no wrong + Media not allowed to report negatively on program + Fans who blindly follow = Penn state.
There is nothing wrong with holding anyone accountable, questioning the process or having a difference of opinion. Sharing those thoughts and discussing those opinions in a civil manner only provides information that allows us to think and form an opinion of our own.

I think you're missing some extremely important variables in your equation. For example, your equation doesn't quite add up without a pedophile for an assistant coach that has access to young boys and facilities in which to abuse them.

The implication that Nebraska is just one small step from having a Penn State-like situation is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back