• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Players Only Meeting Last Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
This is a good thing.....hopefully it pays divedends.....

Bell and other players said NU held a players-only meeting last week to clear the air and get on the same page.
“There comes a point where the men of the team need to come together and say: ‘This is how things need to be done,’†Bell said. “When you hear a coach say it every day for 10, 11, 12 months, it just starts to become noise sometimes. So it’s hard to focus on what they’re trying to say.

“But when your fellow teammate, a guy that does it all with you, steps up in front of you and says ‘This is what I’m saying’ and ‘This is what needs to get done.†– not that we don’t respect our coaches are saying, but you respect that guy a lot.â€

http://sports.omaha.com/2012/10/15/practice-report-1015-burkhead-practices-beck-talks-northwestern/

Well, let's hope this has a positive effect. There have been other players-only meetings in the past that seemed to have little effect.

"Players only" meetings seem to usually be a sign of bad things to come v. good.

Seems there was all this talk in the off season about "holding each other accountable" blah blah blah. That's why you NEVER pay attention to what's said in the off season. If that talk were really true it would have been a season long process...not something that had to be pointed out in a "players only" meeting. I was honestly hoping we wouldn't hear about one of these deals this year.

Hope it has the intended effect.

So, if I understand this right, the coaches sound like parents or teachers on Charlie Brown Specials.......wa wah wa wahh wa wa.

I like the ownership. It begs the question why there aren't permanent team captains.

BTW, GOOOOO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!! What a win!!

OK, threadjack over.

I called it last week.. by the end of this week we will have people saying we wont win another!!

Woeisme, woeisme..

I am not so much concerned with who called this meeting but who led the meeting. Those are the individuals that need to be captains. Who was the individual in the face saying this is how it has to be done? Why wasn't htat being said until now? I think if we had team captains and not weekly captains that could have been adressed earlier. Maybe teh team seniors should go to Bo and say we voted thee individuals our captains...for the season. We need leaders, identifiable leaders and we choose them.

I'd like to hear more reports of fights breaking out in practice. Until we hear that guys are literally on the verge of beating the hell out of each other I'm afraid practices aren't intense enough for them to play with the level of intensity needed during games.

I certainly appreciate what they're trying to do and hopefully the effort level will increase, but unless the players are shaking up the depth chart or tweaking the scheme then the underlying problems on the team will not change.

In regards to the defense, we start 8 seniors who have been here 4-5 years (1.5 in Stafford's case) so if they don't get it by now what makes one think a bye week and team meeting will fix the problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back