• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Pinnacle Bank Arena

what's the seating capacity at dayton, ohio for the opening round game? 13455.

So you have a great desire to have lincoln host the play-in games? I see.

Although it seems Dayton has had that locked up for some time...so not sure they'll be moving that one.

Last edited:
Is it just me or is this butt ugly?

4edeaf1bca96e.image.jpg

sorta looks like a chef hat

71915.jpg

So you have a great desire to have lincoln host the play-in games? I see.

Although it seems Dayton has had that locked up for some time...so not sure they'll be moving that one.

better than what we currently have, which is NOTHING.

And Dayton has been hosting since 2001 so I concur it won't be moving any time soon...

There is absolutely no reason why the Pinn can't host in the future...with the new hotel additions and what not (and if LNK would ever get more flights available) we can host in the future.

Last edited:
And isn't the light rail/train actually going to come to fruition between lincoln/omaha??? I thought that was part of the haymarket master plan? or am i mistaken?

better than what we currently have, which is NOTHING.

And Dayton has been hosting since 2001 so I concur it won't be moving any time soon...

There is absolutely no reason why the Pinn can't host in the future...with the new hotel additions and what not (and if LNK would ever get more flights available) we can host in the future.

Maybe the "play-in" games if you can pry them from Dayton. But it's not coming to Lincoln for subsequent rounds. Omaha had to increase to 17.5 to get it. You think they'd make an exception for Lincoln? The answer is no. And LNK won't get more flights because it doesn't need more flights. Some things are what they are.

And isn't the light rail/train actually going to come to fruition between lincoln/omaha??? I thought that was part of the haymarket master plan? or am i mistaken?

Haven't heard anything about that. Sounds like an idiotic, pie-in-the-sky governmental boondoggle.

Until Lincoln gets more hotels within close distance (i.e. walking distance), they will never get NCAA games.

There is a NCAA mandate that you must have 8 hotels within the area to get the opening round, and Lincoln doesn't, and prolly never will, have that many.

Size of the arena isn't the problem, hotels are. Remember back in the day The Bob useta host. The tourney didn't go away because of the Bob, it went away because of the NCAA mandate for hotels...

Haven't heard anything about that. Sounds like an idiotic, pie-in-the-sky governmental boondoggle.

not really...they'll even run the trains for football saturdays...it's not too far fetched...if they can make it cost effective, i don't see why not?

Until Lincoln gets more hotels within close distance (i.e. walking distance), they will never get NCAA games.

There is a NCAA mandate that you must have 8 hotels within the area to get the opening round, and Lincoln doesn't, and prolly never will, have that many.

Size of the arena isn't the problem, hotels are. Remember back in the day The Bob useta host. The tourney didn't go away because of the Bob, it went away because of the NCAA mandate for hotels...

The size of the Bob wasn't then issue THEN. That was what? The 80s? (edit: 1988 to be exact...lots has changed with the tourney since then. Back then the final 4 was at Kemper Arena in KC....you won't be seeing final 4s in arenas very often anymore). The fact of the matter is the NCAA wants arenas of a certain size. So it's not just one factor...it's several. Size of the arena. Hotels. Air travel.

If when the NCAA wants to put games in this area it will be Omaha. End of story. Larger arena. Better airport. More hotels. Long history of successfully orchestrating big events.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back