• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Per ESPN we took a step back at QB

I just find it odd in that we fired the entire offensive staff but one, had no production from the running backs, canned the QB coach that until recently many called the quarterback whisperer, dealt with snap issues and a porous line, and we are quick to jump on the immediate improvements we made. A few all but guaranteed we came out better without a down being played.

The head coach saves his rear to fight another season while many still want to blame the QB for Nebraska's struggles. Not sure why we are going to give SF thenot sure benefit of the doubt while blaming a kid that struggled some but was from what I can gather a pretty classy dude. Unfortunately, this went on for much of his career so if anything I believe both sides needed a change of scenery.

Not sure what this has to with what I posted on Thompson?

But okay none the less

Have a good day :)

did i not dismiss you already? but i get it. you just get excited responding and conversating with the king. i see that you tried to get slick with that response also. don't open your mouth and then run for protection behind rr when your feelings get hurt....btw..i know you are going to say "your feelings are not hurt" blah blah blah..but again....i get it.
#tryingtostayrelevant
I can tell you. I am positive his feeling are not hurt. T is one of the more level headed posters around these parts

Other than posting the gif “Let Him Go”, I have tried to stay out of the Adrian Martinez and Casey Thompson debate.

However, Adrian earned his degree in Management in May of 2021 from the University of Nebraska. Whether you like him or not on the field…he performed in the classroom so show him a little respect for earning a degree. :thumbsup:

Huskers.com Bio
I'm not even sure what that was. LOL. You're good man.

I just find it odd in that we fired the entire offensive staff but one, had no production from the running backs, canned the QB coach that until recently many called the quarterback whisperer, dealt with snap issues and a porous line, and we are quick to jump on the immediate improvements we made. A few all but guaranteed we came out better without a down being played.

The head coach saves his rear to fight another season while many still want to blame the QB for Nebraska's struggles. Not sure why we are going to give SF the benefit of the doubt while blaming a kid that struggled some but was from what I can gather a pretty classy dude. Unfortunately, this went on for much of his career so if anything I believe both sides needed a change of scenery.
Frankie canned some longtime assistants and, as you say, “saved his rear”. And turned out that the next year was pretty darn good of an improvement. everyone has their own reasons for blaming someone. Not me, but changes had to be made, and why not keep the HC who has respects of parents and saw improvements to make.

Could it be that ESPN is right? It wouldn’t do much for the credibility of those that find it easier to blame the QB than the head coach for Nebraska’s struggling.
ESPN wouldn’t make that comparison if CT came from SEC school. My opinion of ESPN is not one of accuracy, and I miss their days of lumber jacking and fire hose hooking up. Will never know who has better end of deal since it is a team sport.

Other than posting the gif “Let Him Go”, I have tried to stay out of the Adrian Martinez and Casey Thompson debate.

However, Adrian earned his degree in Management in May of 2021 from the University of Nebraska. Whether you like him or not on the field…he performed in the classroom so show him a little respect for earning a degree. :thumbsup:

Huskers.com Bio

Your good :)

Could it be that ESPN is right? It wouldn’t do much for the credibility of those that find it easier to blame the QB than the head coach for Nebraska’s struggling.
Yea that seems to be the common theme when the numbers and facts support that he was pretty darn good but the supporting cast wasn’t. This was easily seen by watching his fill in and replacements struggle even worse.

That’s kind of sad for him to say things like that after SF’s loyalty to him for four years. Makes you wonder if Frost was as ready to move on as much as AM was. Otherwise, I can’t understand AM’s willingness to essentially attack Frost like this. Maybe he is still mad about “jawgate?”
Its hard to know the conversational debrief 'tween Frost and AM at season's end. If Frost initiated the idea of AM's transfer, spoiled grapes can enter the separation. If AM was sole reason for the split, harder to understand the commentary. Either way, AM can accomplish all the posturing as a new leader for his team without dissing the previous.
Such unforced errors do ring a little familiar.

Its hard to know the conversational debrief 'tween Frost and AM at season's end. If Frost initiated the idea of AM's transfer, spoiled grapes can enter the separation. If AM was sole reason for the split, harder to understand the commentary. Either way, AM can accomplish all the posturing as a new leader for his team without dissing the previous.
That’s how I was thinking about the situation. Ultimately, it comes down to: WHY A.M. WHY? Despite the win loss record over his years here, he is still relatively well thought of. even people who are critical start out by saying what a high character guy he was. Now he has a new team and an opportunity to begin anew and show what he can do. He should focus forward and make Nebraska fans want to feel happy for any success he achieves at KSU. The appreciation and admiration of the Husker fan base is not a commodity I would squander if I could avoid it. Being a member in good standing of the “Nebraska family“ can be valuable in hard times.

Yeah because our current head football coach sure did a great job of taking ownership for his failures and not blaming his predecessor. If you want to look at who has been the more mature and the better leader and in spite of it took the blame more gracefully, I would suggest that person is now in Manhattan.

That’s how I was thinking about the situation. Ultimately, it comes down to: WHY A.M. WHY? Despite the win loss record over his years here, he is still relatively well thought of. even people who are critical start out by saying what a high character guy he was. Now he has a new team and an opportunity to begin anew and show what he can do. He should focus forward and make Nebraska fans want to feel happy for any success he achieves at KSU. The appreciation and admiration of the Husker fan base is not a commodity I would squander if I could avoid it. Being a member in good standing of the “Nebraska family“ can be valuable in hard times.
Ask yourself this very simple question. When and if Scott Frost gets fired from the University of Nebraska, do you honestly believe he will have anything good to say about the state of Nebraska or the University other than his running mates from the late 90s?
Adrian Martinez comments though unnecessary are probably pretty accurate and will pale in comparison to the collateral damage that will be left behind if and when the day comes that Scott is fired. Trust me, he isn’t going down without a very Pelini type exit.

I’m not sure what “Nebraska family” you are referring too. Is it the one who understands the role of the supporting cast and the staff around him or the one that has been blaming him for three years for all our problems. The poor guy has been under constant criticism since his sophomore year.
We have fans butt hurt that he said he wants to win. Maybe they are the ones who should be keeping their mouth shut and not burning bridges with AM.

Ask yourself this very simple question. When and if Scott Frost gets fired from the University of Nebraska, do you honestly believe he will have anything good to say about the state of Nebraska or the University other than his running mates from the late 90s?
Adrian Martinez comments though unnecessary are probably pretty accurate and will pale in comparison to the collateral damage that will be left behind if and when the day comes that Scott is fired. Trust me, he isn’t going down without a very Pelini type exit.

:Lol: You are talking about the guy who renegotiated his contract to get more time, right?

Maybe you will be right an SF will trash the university and program on his way out if he ends up being fired. But I’m not seeing that as part of his character. I know some of you guys really hate the guy, but geez. Give it a rest.

I think there is a big chance that some members of Huskermax may go “full Pelini” if the team improves in 2022 and SF continues to the coach, but I don’t see SF going there. :Rolf:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back