• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked PASS INTERFERENCE ON 3RD DOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see the endzone view. The pass was pretty far to his right.

I would also like to see the play again ... but not right now ... ;) Regardless, a flag would be thrown there more times than not. Was the ball out of Tommy's hands before the contact was made? I'd guess yes, but I'd like to see it again. I'm almost wondering if a defensive holding could have been called.

you cannot impede the receiver to the ball....nor knock him off his feet

That's my basic thought as well ... once he's more than a yard, two yards(?) a defender cannot knock a receiver to the ground. Regardless of where the ball is. Otherwise, every defender would simply knock receivers down even if they aren't involved in the pass attempt. Maybe it's defensive holding .. or illegal contact ... instead of defensive pass interference ... IDK ... but you simply can't do that legally.

Last edited:
I was really pissed at the end of the game, but the more I think about it the Huskers had plenty of opportunities to win the game. Bad calls, no calls, etc. happen all the damn time. Tommy's passing was pretty horrid all game, I don't know why DL didn't use Tommy's Legs more in the 4th quarter and in OT....

I thought he threw some pretty good passes, but the Wisky DBs played a nearly perfect game against our Receivers.

Agreed. I'm still mad about the no call though. You can't knock over the receiver when the ball is in the air.

That being said, it was a good game. We missed some opportunities and could've won it before OT. We should've gotten points off both interceptions. Plus we had a shot in the last minute and couldn't execute. Hats off to Wisconsin. They're a good team. Hopefully we proved to some doubters out there that we are good too.

Play smart and tough next week and we'll have a pretty good shot at winning. GO BIG RED!

It's so weird for me to say that I actually feel better about next week's game after watching our loss .... we played it tough and close to the very end against a very good team IMO. I think we really have a good shot againt TOSU. If we play next week like we did tonight, and TOSU does NOT play a good game then we might steal one out of the Horse Shoe.

He threw a few good passes, but in the big scheme of things his passing was very bad this game. Especially in the first half.

True. But he was much better in the second half. I know Tommy was 4 of 14 at one point ... which means he went 8 of 17 after. And one of those with a questionable no call. And both INTs were in the first half.

Understood ... it's a 4-quarter game, though.

The no call was just inexcusable. I haven't read this entire thread, this has probably already been said but, that officiating crew deserves to be suspended and the league owes NU an apology.

It's so weird for me to say that I actually feel better about next week's game after watching our loss .... we played it tough and close to the very end against a very good team IMO. I think we really have a good shot againt TOSU. If we play next week like we did tonight, and TOSU does NOT play a good game then we might steal one out of the Horse Shoe.

With our game tonight, we won't be sneaking up on the Nuts next week.

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">How is this NOT pass interference by Wisconsin?!? But very proud of the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Huskers?src=hash">#Huskers</a> for their fight. <a href="https://t.co/3gwIbiGUL5">pic.twitter.com/3gwIbiGUL5</a></p>&mdash; Stephanie Olsen (@solsenpr) <a href="">October 30, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I don't believe that ball was more than 2 yards to Westerkamp's right when it crossed the same yard line he was at the time (it landed farther to his right than that, but it was not thrown directly perpendicular to the yard lines) ... obviously, JW could have traveled another couple of yards in that time if not impeded.

Last edited:

I think if he hadn't slowed down and had crashed into the LB, it would have been called. Still think it was PI, but him slowing down made it easier to not call.

Last edited:
I was really pissed at the end of the game, but the more I think about it the Huskers had plenty of opportunities to win the game. Bad calls, no calls, etc. happen all the damn time. Tommy's passing was pretty horrid all game, I don't know why DL didn't use Tommy's Legs more in the 4th quarter and in OT....

Yup, and pizzed away alot of opportunities in the first half. Have to play a complete game.

I am guessing the only possible feeling by the refs was the pass was not catchable?:Confused:

I was thinking the same thing. By the time the ball landed, the only person anywhere near was a Wisconsin guy. And, we know Tommy throws that type of ball to the other team every once in a while...refs maybe didn't connect the dots on why there were no white shirts there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back