• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Out of the last 4...

The most yards they've given up in any game this was year was Michigan, who gained 365 yards on them. Illinois (who just beat PSU) had 93 yards of total offense against them.

They gave up a lot of points against Mich and ND because their offense turned the ball over eight times in those two games. The Domers had two pick sixes and and a KO return for a TD. Both games were pretty close in the second half....

I think we will struggle to move the ball consistently on them. Their offense is by far their biggest weakness, if they don't turn the ball over we're going to have a hard time beating them.

Yup as I pointed out above in several posts

Championship caliber defense

Below average offense

As we saw in 2009 you can win a lot of games with that scenario

Last edited:

With that being said I think they are beatable as their offense especially their QB is below average for the most part

Graham. Mertz is near the bottom of almost every FBS passing stat
Until October 30th.

Mertz .......... from Joe Blow performance to an Heisman candidate tier. Past experience ..... not once nor twice but several times. Don't matter 2nd or 3rd strings. See Tanner Morgan.

Key thing, pass rush. Practically zero sacks and QB pressures (so far)

Last edited:
Three Big Ten West teams control their own destiny in winning the West: Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin.

Those three all still have to play each other. Iowa at Wisconsin this coming Saturday.

Iowa and Wisconsin are very beatable. Purdue limps in. Three wins and a bowl. Chins and the defense carries the squad.

Iowa and Wisconsin are very beatable. Purdue limps in. Three wins and a bowl. Chins and the defense carries the squad.
We haven't beaten Wisconsin since 2012 and lost the last six to Iowa. Frost is 1-2 vs Purdue. We don't have to discuss Ohio State. Objectively we will be fortunate to win one of these games based on the last 4 years. That's the data.

We haven't beaten Wisconsin since 2012 and lost the last six to Iowa. Frost is 1-2 vs Purdue. We don't have to discuss Ohio State. Objectively we will be fortunate to win one of these games based on the last 4 years. That's the data.
Can a man be positive??

Sunshine pumpers say I'm negative.

Glass half empty folks say I'm an idiot because I predict 3 wins.

Is there another likeminded group of folks I can join? :Rolf:

Purdue has been in the W column on my sheet the whole season, so I'll stick with that. If Martinez is not full health, then we have a problem, Houston.

If he's healthy and stays healthy (both a crapshoot at this time of the year with him), then I think we have a shot at beating PU.

As for the others, at this time in the season I'll want to wait to see the injury reports on Iowa and Wisconsin. Both are highly unlikely Ws, but weather may play a role and in weather, mistakes happen on both teams. We are not as good as either of them at full strength.

As for Ohio State - really? You really think we will beat them as they try to push their way into the CFP? They will be laser focused on us. And don't for a minute raise the perpetual argument we make -- well we have better personnel than the team we are playing. We seldom do and we really don't versus Ohio State, probably not at any position on the team.

Can a man be positive??

Sunshine pumpers say I'm negative.

Glass half empty folks say I'm an idiot because I predict 3 wins.

Is there another likeminded group of folks I can join? :Rolf:
Be careful you’re starting to sound like me.

Purdue has been in the W column on my sheet the whole season, so I'll stick with that. If Martinez is not full health, then we have a problem, Houston.

If he's healthy and stays healthy (both a crapshoot at this time of the year with him), then I think we have a shot at beating PU.

As for the others, at this time in the season I'll want to wait to see the injury reports on Iowa and Wisconsin. Both are highly unlikely Ws, but weather may play a role and in weather, mistakes happen on both teams. We are not as good as either of them at full strength.

As for Ohio State - really? You really think we will beat them as they try to push their way into the CFP? They will be laser focused on us. And don't for a minute raise the perpetual argument we make -- well we have better personnel than the team we are playing. We seldom do and we really don't versus Ohio State, probably not at any position on the team.
Some here would suggest that if AM is injured, our chances of winning increase.

Last edited:

Frost is 1-10 against the remaining teams. I wouldn't call the travel agent looking for bowl packages.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back