• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Out of the last 4...

honestly the way this team plays, i can see 1 win or no wins. zero chance they get 3 of 4 wins

I want to believe but based on their track record…I think you might be right.

Last edited:

I saw enough talent on this team to predict a 10-2 season. After watching all the games I still feel this teams talent should be sitting at 5-2 or 6-1, staring down the barrel of a strong finish. So I see no reason they should not be 3-1 down the stretch but I feel they will go 2-2 or 1-3.

C
I might have said this already in another thread, but the way this team has luck, they will find a way to win Purdue and Wisconsin- forget OSU - and then not go bowling with a field goal loss to Iowa.

I might have said this already in another thread, but the way this team has luck, they will find a way to win Purdue and Wisconsin- forget OSU - and then not go bowling with a field goal loss to Iowa.

Or lose to Purdue and beat Wisconsin and Iowa. No bowling.

C

Verified this weekend results .....

Purdue .... W. Flash in the pan ..... see Purdue vs Iowa game. USAToday/Sagarin Predictor Column said NU favored by 7.68 points.

Ohio State .... L. No chance.

Wisconsin .... L. Stiff Wisky D. And at Madison.

Iowa .... W. Black Friday upset. I assume Huskers will be an underdog.

5 wins and 7 losses. Once again no bowl bound :(. 5 in a row.

1qjiP8M.png
Wiscy defense is not near as good as it has been in the last decade. Their offense has taken quite a drop off as well. I don't know if we best them, but it wouldn't surprise me if we did. Probably will be a day game with 75% capacity. Not nearly as hostile as past matchups with them at night.

It's certainly anyone's guess, but I believe 3-1 rest of the way. We've seen how well this team plays at home, and 3 of the 4 are at home. They just have to close it out this time and coaches have to stop coaching in fear in the final 5 minutes of close games.

Last edited:
Wiscy defense is not near as good as it has been in the last decade. Their offense has taken quite a drop off as well. I don't know if we best them, but it wouldn't surprise me if we did. Probably will be a day game with 75% capacity. Not nearly as hostile as past matchups with them at night.

Their run defense is ranked #1 in the country allowing only 53 yards a game

Their pass defense is ranked #10 in the country. Allowing only 169.7 yards per game

Total defense ranked #2 in the country

Offense has taken a big drop ranked #90 in the country

Has been strange season of ups n downs for them

Their run defense is ranked #1 in the country allowing only 53 yards a game

Their pass defense is ranked #10 in the country. Allowing only 169.7 yards per game

Total defense ranked #2 in the country

Offense has taken a big drop ranked #90 in the country

Has been strange season of ups n downs for them
I understand. In the games that really mattered, they gave up quite a bit of yards and points. I think our offense can move on them pretty well. We will know soon enough.

Wiscy has Iowa this Sat. That will be a very interesting and telling matchup. I'm thinking in the neighborhood of a 17-14 type game.

Last edited:

I understand. In the games that really mattered, they gave up quite a bit of yards and points. I think our offense can move on them pretty well. We will know soon enough.

Wiscy has Iowa this Sat. That will be a very interesting and telling matchup. I'm thinking in the neighborhood of a 17-14 type game.

They gave up the points but not the yards

Loss to Penn State 297 yards (16-10 loss)

247 passing

50 rushing

Loss to Notre Dame. 243 yards (turnovers killed them in a 41-16 loss)

239 yards passing

4 yards rushing

Loss to Michigan most 365 yards they gave up (38-17 loss)

253 yards passing

112 yards rushing

With that being said I think they are beatable as their offense especially their QB is below average for the most part

Graham. Mertz is near the bottom of almost every FBS passing stat

Last edited:
They gave up the points but not the yards

Loss to Penn State 297 yards (16-10 loss)

247 passing

50 rushing

Loss to Notre Dame. 243 yards (turnovers killed them in a 41-16 loss)

239 yards passing

4 yards rushing

Loss to Michigan most 365 yards they gave up (38-17 loss)

253 yards passing

112 yards rushing

With that being said I think they are beatable as their offense especially their QB is below average for the most part
It's all relative. I certainly think giving up around 300 yards is probably going to spell a loss for them against most good teams. A lot is dependent on when and where those yards are actually achieved.

I believe if they give up 300 yards to us, we win the game in a fairly close outcome.

All I know is the eye test with Wiscy this year is not that impressive. I think this is overall, their worst team since we joined the B1G. Then again, the same could be said for us. :Lol:

Last edited:

The most yards they've given up in any game this was year was Michigan, who gained 365 yards on them. Illinois (who just beat PSU) had 93 yards of total offense against them.

They gave up a lot of points against Mich and ND because their offense turned the ball over eight times in those two games. The Domers had two pick sixes and and a KO return for a TD. Both games were pretty close in the second half....

I think we will struggle to move the ball consistently on them. Their offense is by far their biggest weakness, if they don't turn the ball over we're going to have a hard time beating them.

The most yards they've given up in any game this was year was Michigan, who gained 365 yards on them. Illinois (who just beat PSU) had 93 yards of total offense against them.

They gave up a lot of points against Mich and ND because their offense turned the ball over eight times in those two games. The Domers had two pick sixes and and a KO return for a TD. Both games were pretty close in the second half....

I think we will struggle to move the ball consistently on them. Their offense is by far their biggest weakness, if they don't turn the ball over we're going to have a hard time beating them.
I hear you. It's a crapshoot I think. Depends a lot on which team for either side shows up. Any outcome will not be a surprise to me.

Well, wait, if we blow them out, I may have a stroke.

0-4 with Martinez in for the whole game. Pull him for the last 5 mins of every game and we go 3-1.
I love AM, but I unfortunately agree with this. Scott shoulders some the blame too. The play calling and clock management in the final 5 minutes of these games is so baffling to me. He coaches out of fear and trying not to lose, rather than coaching to win, in the closing minutes. He's responsible for continuing to put AM in situations he should not be in during the final minutes of play.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back