• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

OL Tyler Knaak is N (Transfer From Utah)

I like using this approach for the portal. I think it's really hard to expect a transfer to come in post spring ball and be an instant contributor (or the guys who can do it are going to cost you a NIL bidding war), so using it with more project types who can fill holes in your scholarship distribution charts and fill a role down the road makes a ton of sense to me.

The limited film, shows a kid with all the right measurables. A lump of clay to be molded. Appears to have decent speed, and his blocking seemed tenacious. Didn't quit on his blocks. I like this pick up, and see a contributor in a year or two.

I like that we maybe might start getting enough depth that we can go old school and have these kids develop in the weight room and nutrition program like the old days. Guys like Jaimes, Farniok, Gates, Jurgens, Benhart, Corcoran had to contribute too early in their careers and didn't have the development that was required. I remember back in the day when most of the time you didn't hear much about an offensive lineman until about their 3rd year in the program. I guess this probably will never be the case with transfer portal though.

Probably a dumb question, but is he of the Mormon faith? If so, will he be taking a mission?
Mission age for young men used to be 19, so they commonly went to school for a year before leaving. It’s 18 now (under usual circumstances) so the vast majority go straight from high school.

Knowing nothing more, I would not expect him to be planning to go on a mission since he’s already attended a year of school.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back