• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Ohio...

Status
Not open for further replies.
if the core of a NC team came from Ohio, I'll change my tune but I just simply don't see a NC coming from a core of Ohioans.

Dont think it's the core of Ohioans that's keeping a team from contributing to a NC. That's likely everything else.

I fear that Pelini might be developing tunnel vision in regards to recruiting and Ohio athletes...There are players outside the state of Ohio. Just saying.

I'm glad he was able to establish a pipeline into Ohio but this is getting a bit much. IMO.

Is this a serious question? The best thing Nebraska can do now that they are in the B1G is to focus heavily on Ohio. Nebraska should try and make inroads ASAP. If I am ranking states in terms of talent produced annually, I go: (1)Florida, (2)Texas, (3)California, (4)Georgia, (5)Ohio.

There are some incredible players who come out of Ohio and just because Ohio State wants them, they dont always get them. Michigan is very competitive with Ohio recruits. In fact, their current 21-man class that is ranked #1 by most has 8 Ohio kids (five 4*). They have 5 Michigan kids.

The state of Michigan is also a top 10-12 state in terms of producing talent. Ohio State is just as comfortable recruiting the maize and blue state as Michigan is recruiting accross the border. Pennsylvania and Illinois are also Top 10-12 states. If Nebraska can win a conference title or two in the next couple seasons, I dont see why they would not be able to stand side-by-side with Michigan and Ohio State in plucking players from rival B1G states with success.

if the core of a NC team came from Ohio, I'll change my tune but I just simply don't see a NC coming from a core of Ohioans.

Ohio State has done just fine with them. For the past decade+, Ohio State has been among the best teams in the country. They have three BCS title game appearances and a national championship ('02).

Ohio State has done just fine with them. For the past decade+, Ohio State has been among the best teams in the country. They have three BCS title game appearances and a national championship ('02).

and how's that probation going for them?

N2FL brought up that as far as talent goes, the upper tier states are Florida, Texas, and California. Everyone goes after kids there. But the second tier of states include Ohio, Georgia, etc.......

I sure you meant this as a good thing, but it's tough to be lumped in with the second tier.

We were so worried about losing Texas footprint, but looks like we found somewhere to pick up the slack. Look at the quality of guys we are pulling out of Ohio. Early, guys like Marlowe and some Card Mooney that were largely overlooked. Now, guys that have multiple BIG offers. That's a good thing. we need to recruit the Rust Belt heavily. There's a good talent pool to choose from, and any guy we pull is one less guy our conference foes get. Less geographic hurdle, less 'weather' hurdle, less cultural hurdle...I can't see it as anything but positive. We still need to take care of 500 mile radius and get some 'Southern speed', but having a bonafide presence in a stronghold like Ohio is crucial, IMO.

That...

We were so worried about losing Texas footprint, but looks like we found somewhere to pick up the slack. Look at the quality of guys we are pulling out of Ohio. Early, guys like Marlowe and some Card Mooney that were largely overlooked. Now, guys that have multiple BIG offers. That's a good thing. we need to recruit the Rust Belt heavily. There's a good talent pool to choose from, and any guy we pull is one less guy our conference foes get. Less geographic hurdle, less 'weather' hurdle, less cultural hurdle...I can't see it as anything but positive. We still need to take care of 500 mile radius and get some 'Southern speed', but having a bonafide presence in a stronghold like Ohio is crucial, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back