• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Ohio...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskers57

Husker Fan
15 Year Member
I fear that Pelini might be developing tunnel vision in regards to recruiting and Ohio athletes...There are players outside the state of Ohio. Just saying.

I'm glad he was able to establish a pipeline into Ohio but this is getting a bit much. IMO.

Yeah but every player we get out of Ohio is one that won't be playing for Indiana or Northwestern

I fear that Pelini might be developing tunnel vision in regards to recruiting and Ohio athletes...There are players outside the state of Ohio. Just saying.

I'm glad he was able to establish a pipeline into Ohio but this is getting a bit much. IMO.

Lots of talent in Ohio....and it is within the conference footprint (duh). Back in the Big 12 days, Pelini went to Texas. Probably fewer kids from Texas want to play in the BIG now.... so the staff has adapted. It just so happens that the kids in Ohio are interested in NU and NU has interest in them. NU recruiting is still national....they'll still get a few kids from out west (AZ, CA) and TX. However, expect to see more from Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin... etc. now.

I don't care where they come from as long as they wear the scarlet and cream with pride and win BIG titles and National Titles. :N:

Are you serious? Who cares where players come from as long as we fill our needs with the best available players out there? Trust me before its said and done this class of 25-27 players, will be guys from everywhere....we have to recruit national and are and will....

Last edited:
With Texas, California and Florida the most talent in the country....plenty to spread around....

Yup and in the conference foot print....

Yup our national recruiting has not changed....

Lots of talent in Ohio....and it is within the conference footprint (duh). Back in the Big 12 days, Pelini went to Texas. Probably fewer kids from Texas want to play in the BIG now.... so the staff has adapted. It just so happens that the kids in Ohio are interested in NU and NU has interest in them. NU recruiting is still national....they'll still get a few kids from out west (AZ, CA) and TX. However, expect to see more from Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin... etc. now.

All of the Ohio players recruited thus far this year look to be top notch players and not a reach at all. So I just can't agree with this.

I think we are fortunate Bo has ties and we've developed further ties in Ohio. The reality was always that we would be a little bit less appealing to Texas kids, so it's good to open another front.

I don't see how it would realistically ever happen that we would over-recruit Ohio.

I woudln't care if we brought in 10 guys from Vermont. If they're good enough, welcome aboard!

Big pool of talent in Ohio and it's in our conference footprint. Michigan has been tapping into for years. 27 out of their 72 recruits in the last 3 years and 8 out of their 21 verbals right now as well.

Last edited:

Fine. I was just bringing up an observation I had made in regards to the recruits that are coming in. I just don't like the thought of this. Thanks for all of your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back