• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ohio State puts Urban Meyer on administrative leave

If Urb is still coach on the first weekend of football, can you imagine the level of booing from the College Gameday crowd when they inevitably do a segment on this story? The "Urban Liar" chant will be deafening.

Right now OSU is trying to figure out anyway it can to keep Urban Lier. I think he will be their coach. He will say he was sorry take a 2 game suspension of 2 meaningless non conference games and be back going.

I agree that it is starting to look like Meyer survives and continues to coach Ohio State. Probably with just a short and fairly meaningless suspension for games against overmatched nonconference opponents. I hope I'm wrong on this one.

Or they may be working on the buyout...OSU is kinda screwed either way. Maybe Urban will fake another heart attack.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/opin...meyer-florida-ohio-state-20180806-story.html#

"Great coach. Lousy role model who didn’t give a flip about molding troubled young men into respectful adults, especially if that troubled young man helped you win a lot of games."

"Let his resume reflect that 25 players were arrested 31 times during his six years as the head football coach at Florida."

"A football coach wears many hats, including disciplinarian. In Gainesville and now Ohio State, Meyer has proven he isn’t cut out for any of that stuff."

"He shouldn’t be allowed on a college campus, unless someone wants to prop him up as someone you should never aspire to be when you grow up."

"If you want a role model, I’ll take Tebow any day, and twice on Tuesdays."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/opin...meyer-florida-ohio-state-20180806-story.html#

"Great coach. Lousy role model who didn’t give a flip about molding troubled young men into respectful adults, especially if that troubled young man helped you win a lot of games."

"Let his resume reflect that 25 players were arrested 31 times during his six years as the head football coach at Florida."

"A football coach wears many hats, including disciplinarian. In Gainesville and now Ohio State, Meyer has proven he isn’t cut out for any of that stuff."

"He shouldn’t be allowed on a college campus, unless someone wants to prop him up as someone you should never aspire to be when you grow up."

"If you want a role model, I’ll take Tebow any day, and twice on Tuesdays."

I read another article that 1/4th of his 2008 team was arrested during college or have since been arrested. And there were some serious charges too, not just MIP or other minor charges.

A couple things I still scratch my head about...
1) why did tOSU even put UM on paid leave if he reported what he did. I mean, they should know if he followed proper procedures immediately and said as much.
2) when UM stated that he ‘wasn’t prepared to answer questions at B1G media days” so he misspoke or whatever...why would he have to prepare anything if he was simply going to be honest. Honesty requires no prep. You just are honest about it.

Bottom line, he needs to go

A couple things I still scratch my head about...
1) why did tOSU even put UM on paid leave if he reported what he did. I mean, they should know if he followed proper procedures immediately and said as much.
2) when UM stated that he ‘wasn’t prepared to answer questions at B1G media days” so he misspoke or whatever...why would he have to prepare anything if he was simply going to be honest. Honesty requires no prep. You just are honest about it.

Bottom line, he needs to go

Both true, but your avatar pic creeps me out, sorry

Unanswered questions for me
1. If Urban knew about it and reported it, why did he lie at Media Days?
2. If Urban knew and reported it, how come it was necessary to put him on administrative leave and start an investigation?
3. If Urban reported it in 2015, why didn't OSU just come out and say that it was reported and due to no charges, the matter was closed?
4. If Urban and his wife helped counsel this couple after the first DV incident in 2009 as they have said, why would Urban continue to employ Smith after he found out about the 2015 incident?
5. If Zack Smith didn't abuse his wife in 2015, why did he apologize for strangling her in Punta Cana?
6. If every football coach's wife knew about the abuse, how many other coach's knew and had a duty to report?
7. Why are Urban and Zack Smith talking during an active investigation?
8. Is Courtney Smith's story credible and true?

Last edited:

Right now OSU is trying to figure out anyway it can to keep Urban Lier. I think he will be their coach. He will say he was sorry take a 2 game suspension of 2 meaningless non conference games and be back going.

I have a feeling that will be the result as well. But, I also think if tOSU keeps him around, it will come back to bite them later.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back