• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Official Visit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Best FB in the 2016 class. Is also a good runner. The staff could use him exactly like they do Janovich.

Saw something that Cal commit Cameron Goode plans to visit sometime. I added him and the other guys who don't have visits scheduled at the bottom as 'possible TBA.' I'm sure I'm missing some guys there, but just trying to keep track of the guys who will probably visit eventually.

Thanks for the great info & great effort you put forth to do this for everyone blackshirts99. :thumbsup:

With Tre Bryant possibly on an OV and the fan base whining very loudly, November 7th appears to be high noon for the 2016 class.

It may be time for the team to perform well and for the staff to push for commitments from some fence-sitters.

With Tre Bryant possibly on an OV and the fan base whining very loudly, November 7th appears to be high noon for the 2016 class.

It may be time for the team to perform well and for the staff to push for commitments from some fence-sitters.

People want to talk about whether the wins or losses most affect a kid who is looking at Nebraska (or any program). But the truth is, the negative vibe from fans is worse than Nebraska's 3-5 record, witout a doubt. Fans calling for Riley to be fired in the stands is ridiculous. Bottom line, he isn't going anywhere for AT LEAST two or three years. Ain't gonna happen, not no way, not no how. I am getting tired of having to be the voice of reason for fans who can't see the bigger picture with Riley. Like I (and many) have said 1000x's, Riley may be the next Pete Carroll or the next Bill Callahan. We don't know yet.

People wanted to see a turnaround being enjoyed by teams like Florida and Michigan, but they fail to realize two main factors that are different. First, both of those teams were firing a coach that players pretty much knew was going to be fired for a year or two before it happened. Second, both of those rosters are better than Nebraska's. People whining about wanting Riley to get fired are only hurting the team. Riley might not be the right guy, but Shawn Eichorst is going to give him a couple recruiting classes to bring his guys in and see what this team looks like in year 3 before he even thinks about making another move. They are still paying Pelini, you think they wanna fire another coach and be paying for essentially three head coaches for the next couple years? Not to mention his job is likely on the line if Riley is indeed more Callahan than Carroll.

Nebraska needs to take the same approach as Texas fans are. Charlie Strong is 3-4 in his second year after going 6-7 in year one. And the Texas fans are more understanding of the process that needs to happen for the Longhorns to bounce back. Texas is more talented than Nebraska, so their record is even harder for them to swallow. But for the vast majority, they are. And sorry to break it to you Nebraska, but since Osborne retired, Texas has been the far superior program.

It seems recruits are more forgiving and understanding of the process with Riley than some Nebraska fans are. He is still getting a great reception on the recruiting front. If fans can just bite their tongues, in public at least, and give this staff a couple years to bring in some talent, they may be eating some crow about Riley. Pete Carroll, Nick Saban, Bob Stoops, these guys were all .500 or so in year 1. You can't turn it around in year one. Sorry to break it to you Nebraska, but being 9-4 and getting your doors blown off two or three times a year isn't good enough. It needed a change, and the change wasn't going to be a one-year deal. Sam McKewon did a great job of breaking down the numbers and showing that Pelini's teams since joining the Big Ten were similar to this first Riley squad - minus program greats like Abdullah, Burkhead, Lavonte and Gregory. Pelini benefited from these guys winning games with incredible efforts and "I'm the best player on the field" plays/games. Nebraska doesn't have any of those players right now, which goes back to being patient and waiting for Riley to bring in his guys. Your just hurting the team by moaning and groaning at games. This isn't 2007, Riley isn't going anywhere...for now. To scream about him to be fired now is short-sided and just hurts recruiting.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mckewo...cle_01e30445-9003-5f64-b402-55c9103d412d.html

Last edited:
People want to talk about whether the wins or losses most affect a kid who is looking at Nebraska (or any program). But the truth is, the negative vibe from fans is worse than Nebraska's 3-5 record, witout a doubt. Fans calling for Riley to be fired in the stands is ridiculous. Bottom line, he isn't going anywhere for AT LEAST two or three years. Ain't gonna happen, not no way, not no how. I am getting tired of having to be the voice of reason for fans who can't see the bigger picture with Riley. Like I (and many) have said 1000x's, Riley may be the next Pete Carroll or the next Bill Callahan. We don't know yet.

People wanted to see a turnaround being enjoyed by teams like Florida and Michigan, but they fail to realize two main factors that are different. First, both of those teams were firing a coach that players pretty much knew was going to be fired for a year or two before it happened. Second, both of those rosters are better than Nebraska's. People whining about wanting Riley to get fired are only hurting the team. Riley might not be the right guy, but Shawn Eichorst is going to give him a couple recruiting classes to bring his guys in and see what this team looks like in year 3 before he even thinks about making another move. They are still paying Pelini, you think they wanna fire another coach and be paying for essentially three head coaches for the next couple years? Not to mention his job is likely on the line if Riley is indeed more Callahan than Carroll.

Nebraska needs to take the same approach as Texas fans are. Charlie Strong is 3-4 in his second year after going 6-7 in year one. And the Texas fans are more understanding of the process that needs to happen for the Longhorns to bounce back. Texas is more talented than Nebraska, so their record is even harder for them to swallow. But for the vast majority, they are. And sorry to break it to you Nebraska, but since Osborne retired, Texas has been the far superior program.

It seems recruits are more forgiving and understanding of the process with Riley than some Nebraska fans are. He is still getting a great reception on the recruiting front. If fans can just bite their tongues, in public at least, and give this staff a couple years to bring in some talent, they may be eating some crow about Riley. Pete Carroll, Nick Saban, Bob Stoops, these guys were all .500 or so in year 1. You can't turn it around in year one. Sorry to break it to you Nebraska, but being 9-4 and getting your doors blown off two or three times a year isn't good enough. It needed a change, and the change wasn't going to be a one-year deal. Sam McKewon did a great job of breaking down the numbers and showing that Pelini's teams since joining the Big Ten were similar to this first Riley squad - minus program greats like Abdullah, Burkhead, Lavonte and Gregory. Pelini benefited from these guys winning games with incredible efforts and "I'm the best player on the field" plays/games. Nebraska doesn't have any of those players right now, which goes back to being patient and waiting for Riley to bring in his guys. Your just hurting the team by moaning and groaning at games. This isn't 2007, Riley isn't going anywhere...for now. To scream about him to be fired now is short-sided and just hurts recruiting.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mckewo...cle_01e30445-9003-5f64-b402-55c9103d412d.html

EXCELLENT

3* Safety Brandon Drayton will be in Lincoln for the Michigan State game.

Last edited:

Tre Bryant confirmed visit date of 11/7 to Nate Clouse.

At this point, I think the view that there are widespread calls for Riley to get fired is WAY overstated. I have been at every game, including Northwestern. In my section, there wasn't one call for Riley to be fired. Not one boo. Very few audible negative comments. In fact, when someone complained, mildly, about the punt and kick coverage woes, the guy got lit up by some lady and was told "to stop being so negative!". I'm not saying it won't change if we continue to lose and look bad doing it, but at this point, outside of a few message board people and a minority of those calling in to talk shows, the number of fans calling for Riley to get fired is very, very small.

Some people take any kind of criticism (e.g. special teams problems under Read, Cavanaugh's approach to substitution, clock management, etc.) to be the same as calling for a guy to get fired in his first year. Most who have expressed criticisms of the coaching, or even the belief that Eichorst didn't make a good hire, aren't calling for a revolving door firing. There simply has been no groundswell for firing as of this point. Those complaining about "those whining and screaming to get him fired" bring more attention to the fringe saying that then they deserve.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back