• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Official: USC/UCLA Joining B1G in 2024

I guess the question now is how soon it will be before we hear from state legislatures, particuarly those with two major publicly funded universities within their borders. Cal, Or-State, Wsh-state. Seems like Cal particularly would be all over Sacremento.

I guess the question now is how soon it will be before we hear from state legislatures, particuarly those with two major publicly funded universities within their borders. Cal, Or-State, Wsh-state. Seems like Cal particularly would be all over Sacremento.
USC is a private school.

UCLA on the other hand is public.

and Cal is public I believe. Separation anxiety in the legislature is my concern. Stanford would be an easier pick from that standpoint.

You just have to believe there are many conversations ongoing while we are making our guesses. I don't think those who put this together are sitting back, feet up watching the fireworks and saying we are finished.

Last edited:
With the news of UCLA/USC what does Oregon do? I know the PAC has been considered a softer league especially since the USC run ended, but the league now has nothing left. Washington has been down for a bit, I know rich coming from a NU fan. Could the remaining PAC and Big 12 merge and have enough credit comparatively to the B1G and SUC?
No on merged pac/big 12. And it isn't that close.

I would rather limit expansion and potentially hold Oregon out. USC/UCLA opens up our recruiting especially if Oregon and Washington aren't in the mix for it.

Plus, they had no problems trying to ruin us by trying to take apart the Big 12.

Apparently the Cal, Or, and Wash public universities are governed by separate boards for each school with authority to act, based on my quick look. That said, a Washington legislator has already said he will introduce legislation to require both schools to be in the same conference. Those efforts usually fail but who knows.

Apparently the Cal, Or, and Wash public universities are governed by separate boards for each school with authority to act, based on my quick look. That said, a Washington legislator has already said he will introduce legislation to require both schools to be in the same conference. Those efforts usually fail but who knows.
That seems like that will hurt Washington more than it will help State.

I think Notre Dame will join this time. They've been able to wait a long time and keep everything the way they want, but the money in this new B1G and the changing landscape of college football is going to make it tough to turn down this time.
I’ll put it this way. If ND chooses the decline this time, I think it will be a mistake from the standpoint of their football revenue. The future will become difficult for them to be nationally relevant.

I don’t know enough about ND internal politics to know whether the egos will lead to a wrong choice here, but if they are governed by their own interest alone, I see them asking for a formal invitation this time.

If that happens, how many P12 teams would they want to add to UCLA sand USC? An odd number. Maybe just Stanford?

I think they would too. But is the SEC offering? Most likely they would if hand forced.

Once the B1G and SEC go full-throttle on assembling their Super Conferences and getting to 24, those teams will be in the SEC. It's inevitable IMO

Once the B1G and SEC go full-throttle on assembling their Super Conferences and getting to 24, those teams will be in the SEC. It's inevitable IMO
I think you right. If I was warren I’d make the calls though.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back