• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Official Signing Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey, I'd like to take this time to offer up Big Kudos as well to HuskerMax, Red Reign, HuskerinOkieland, 2nfl, BTBR, and all the other recruiting experts on here that give us this incredibly accurate information on such a timely basis. And... for having the patience to put up with 'Looosers' like me that get all hyped up over "why this and why that???"

Thanks again my friends. A cold pint and a small one for all of ya!

Just a quibble in terms of the time differential, but I thought Andrus said he told Todd this morning. Regardless, apparently Andrus decided at the last minute.

You want to know how tight the Andrus Peat decision was?

Todd Jr. found out when we all did. From the TV.

Cardinal, for not being into recruiting as you claimed, you sure are suddenly into recruiting!

Cardinal is the Buff fan who used to talk solely about the Buffs on here...until the Buffs hit rock bottom, of course.

Stanford has some nice talent, but they have a very unproven coach. We'll see how they do from here.

How can a guy get into Cal but not Neb U?

The Pac12 has different (easier) admission standards than the Big10.

If you remember, we had a commit who couldn't qualify at NU (Big10), who wanted to be at NU, but instead went to UCLA and qualified (Rios).

Last edited:
The Pac12 has different (easier) admission standards than the Big10.

If you remember, we had a commit who couldn't qualify at NU (Big10), who wanted to be at NU, but instead went to UCLA and qualified (Rios).

Let's just say they are not uniform in the Pac12. Stanford, USC, and Cal are very different than a lot of the other schools.

Cardinal, are you even a Husker fan? Why such a Stanford sunshine pumper?

I think its a fair characterization to say that:

1. Cardinal is not a Husker fan, in any way, shape or form. He's here to push buttons and then sit back and get his rocks off on the responses he gets when he pushes those buttons. ;)
  2. Cardinal is the ultimate example of a fair weather fan. Several years back, when Stanford was in their normal basement-dweller position and Colorado had temporarily risen from the basement to the heights of mediocrity, he was a Buffalo fan and most all his posts were around that viewpoint. Now that Colorado has sunken back into the basement and Stanford has risen to the heights of mediocrity, he's changed his stripes and is a Stanford sunshine pumper. Whether or not he has a "Plan C" and another team to support should Colorado and Stanford both sink back to their historical norms - remains to be seen! :wave:

I think its a fair characterization to say that:

1. Cardinal is not a Husker fan, in any way, shape or form. He's here to push buttons and then sit back and get his rocks off on the responses he gets when he pushes those buttons. ;)
  2. Cardinal is the ultimate example of a fair weather fan. Several years back, when Stanford was in their normal basement-dweller position and Colorado had temporarily risen from the basement to the heights of mediocrity, he was a Buffalo fan and most all his posts were around that viewpoint. Now that Colorado has sunken back into the basement and Stanford has risen to the heights of mediocrity, he's changed his stripes and is a Stanford sunshine pumper. Whether or not he has a "Plan C" and another team to support should Colorado and Stanford both sink back to their historical norms - remains to be seen! :wave:

No 1 above has some truth to it, but it is certainly not the only thing I do on here. One can't resist pushing some buttons, because it is so damn easy. :)

No. 2 isn't even close, though. I am a fan of no team. No one that I know who ever played the game is. I am a fan of the sport. The Buffs, whom I support financially and whose season tickets I own a few of, have not been successful at football for the last half dozen years or so. I joined HP/HM a half dozen years ago. At that time there were constantly two or three threads on each page that involved CU, and I joined in some of those conversations -- not to the extent of Ruff Buff and others, but to a limited extent. It had nothing to do with CU's success on the field, because they were not having any (you stated that CU had "temporarily risen" then, but you better go back and check your calendar -- accuracy counts). But it is a program about which I know something, so I would post things. Since the conference switches by CU and NU, there is little to no conversation on here about CU, understandably. If any of you want to talk about CU, I'd be happy to join in if there is anything I can add, regardless of their won-loss record.

Likewise, there used to be no conversation on here about Stanford, an institution I also support and at which I own season tickets. But lately there has been a small amount of conversation on here about Stanford because there is more national notice, and I have taken part in it. For example, for the past few days there was much talk about Stanford in relation to Peat. And I took part in it some. Oh, and Red Reign and I have been exchanging Cal-Stanford barbs since long before Stanford had a few winning football seasons of late. Some of you folks put so much emphasis on the win/loss records of a bunch of 18-22 year old kids that you mistakenly believe everyone puts that kind of priority on it. Since my college days ended, I have walked into and out of every football stadium with a smile on my face, regardless of the result I just witnessed. Love the game.

The overwhelming majority of my posts are about football in general and about Nebraska and the Big Ten: Nebraska because this is a Nebraska board; the Big Ten because Nebraska is now in the Big Ten and I grew up in Big Ten country and have a fondness for all the old Big Ten institutions, at every one of which I have attended football games, other than Penn State (which to me is not one of the "old" (like me) Big Ten institutions).

Have a peaceful day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back