• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU #30 in the ESPN / Bill Connelly Preseason Ranking

I think its under a bridge ;)
I should be so lucky to have my own bridge to be under. Cardboard box baby. Lined that sucker with newspaper and an old pillow I got from the goodwill people for like 2 bucks, it's all stained and whatnot, but it's comfy. It gets a little chilly at night, especially with the snow on the ground but I back the box up to a huge boulder, and build a little fire and then it's all nice and toasty, although I have lost 3 boxes this winter because the fire was to close. :confused::Biggrin:

Best post for me was the one where my mouse died and I had to start over.

Forgot what I wanted to say, got distracted by one of the dogs and that was it.

Solid non post.
My advice?
Get a cat, then you wont have time to become so attached to your mouse, though the dog distraction might remain, or even escalate

I should be so lucky to have my own bridge to be under. Cardboard box baby. Lined that sucker with newspaper and an old pillow I got from the goodwill people for like 2 bucks, it's all stained and whatnot, but it's comfy. It gets a little chilly at night, especially with the snow on the ground but I back the box up to a huge boulder, and build a little fire and then it's all nice and toasty, although I have lost 3 boxes this winter because the fire was to close. :confused::Biggrin:
More advice
bubblewrap

He may find concepts work, but the incredible consistency Hankwitz honed into his defense wont be topped

I'll have to do some digging on his struggles as a DC before I give an opinion, but I suspect the switch from elite pro athletes to Northwestern level kids might be a struggle for him. Hard to say for sure.

100% agree that if he's there for twenty years and approaches Hankwitz' level of success, Fitz made a great hire. Based on his his short tenure at most stops, you wonder if he'll stick or if he's just trying to step into a HC role eventually.

Probably not, but it will be close, always is, even tho there were times it shouldn't have been.

That's the biggest compliment I can give Fitzgerald. He's a damned good coach and that ability, his personality, leadership and knowledge lead to that result.

His teams consistently over perform.

As a head coach, what better trait could you possibly have?

This roster seems like it may be ready to turn the corner. I really like the defensive side of the ball. While it doesn't have tOSU talent there is a lot of depth and maturity. The offense obviously is a big ?.

Maybe NU will have a new cheer next year... We're #30, We're #30, We're #30!!!
They may be 30, but I'm a man, I'm 40!

1613068132912.png

Could be done if we switched to a ball control power offense and put our defense in a better spot for success. I suspect we will continue trying to get our defense back on the field as fast as possible though.
Could be done now, with basic, sound, fundamental football. They have to stop beating themselves. Do that, 8-4 is easy, then you can worry about the next step.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back