• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Noah Vedral Transferring to Rutgers

I'm sure Rutgers gave him the best opportunity for whatever he's looking for. I'll join those who wish him well. Just hope he doesn't pad his stats against his old team. Then again, there's a reason he transferred - he wasn't going to see the field much and he knew it.

I've said it before, but I just dislike the idea of in-conference transfers. If the goal was to land at a strong academic school that has a decent Power 5 football program, there are tons of options like Boston College, Virginia Tech, Vanderbilt, Georgia Tech, etc.

I like Vedral, but he doesn't strike me as the guy to win the starting job at Texas A&M or USC, but there are plenty of good colleges with decently strong football teams - that aren't in the Big Ten.

If we someday get to the point where D1 College Football becomes the NFL Jr., and we only have like 40 teams in play, than whatever. You couldn't NOT transfer to a team that your old team would likely play at some point. But with something like 130 FBS teams and around 80 in Power 5 conferences, it's not like Rutgers was his only option. And if you're dead-set on a particular school, than consider dropping out of football.

IIRC, they used to have a 1-year transfer rule for any other D-1 school and a 2-year transfer rule for in-conference transfers. Maybe that was a conference-by-conference thing, or a school-by-school thing, but I seem to recall some cases here where a UO player was gonna jump ship for UCLA or Washington and they'd have had to sit out 2 full seasons before being eligible.

I've said it before, but I just dislike the idea of in-conference transfers. If the goal was to land at a strong academic school that has a decent Power 5 football program, there are tons of options like Boston College, Virginia Tech, Vanderbilt, Georgia Tech, etc.

I like Vedral, but he doesn't strike me as the guy to win the starting job at Texas A&M or USC, but there are plenty of good colleges with decently strong football teams - that aren't in the Big Ten.

If we someday get to the point where D1 College Football becomes the NFL Jr., and we only have like 40 teams in play, than whatever. You couldn't NOT transfer to a team that your old team would likely play at some point. But with something like 130 FBS teams and around 80 in Power 5 conferences, it's not like Rutgers was his only option. And if you're dead-set on a particular school, than consider dropping out of football.

IIRC, they used to have a 1-year transfer rule for any other D-1 school and a 2-year transfer rule for in-conference transfers. Maybe that was a conference-by-conference thing, or a school-by-school thing, but I seem to recall some cases here where a UO player was gonna jump ship for UCLA or Washington and they'd have had to sit out 2 full seasons before being eligible.
Very well said.

I am mildly disappointed in Vedral for transferring to a team on our schedule next year. I know its an era of more open player movement, but coaches/schools should have some ability to block transfers to future opponents. That still leaves well over 100 other FBS options for kids to choose from.

For all of the integrity and nice-guy attributes that have been paid to Noah, his transfer to Rutgers is a gut-punch to NU. I don't see any possible way that a former player moving to an in-league competitor can be viewed as an "ok" thing. This just stinks.

There has to be more to this story than we know. Much more.

Will he quit Rutgers next year? This kid got opportunities here just last year. He had opportunities at UCF too. Where are all the posters who come out to claim that someone is "afraid of the competition?" Those folks are being silent here, instead, saying it makes sense to go find a better opportunity. This kid has quit twice already...not that there's anything wrong with that.

Will he quit Rutgers next year? This kid got opportunities here just last year. He had opportunities at UCF too. Where are all the posters who come out to claim that someone is "afraid of the competition?" Those folks are being silent here, instead, saying it makes sense to go find a better opportunity. This kid has quit twice already...not that there's anything wrong with that.

Not sure why you are making this personal and trying to turn this thread into a virtual fist fight?

Oh and your definition of quiting is a bit of a stretch

RR

Not sure why you are making this personal and trying to turn this thread into a virtual fist fight?

Oh and your definition of quiting is a bit of a stretch

RR
Nothing personal at all about my post. I simply find it odd, that the many usual posters that like to ridicule a kid for transferring haven't shown up when a kid who's done it twice does it to us. I really don't care that he's transferring, but I have to laugh at the tender treatment he gets compared to others.

Nothing personal at all about my post. I simply find it odd, that the many usual posters that like to ridicule a kid for transferring haven't shown up when a kid who's done it twice does it to us. I really don't care that he's transferring, but I have to laugh at the tender treatment he gets compared to others.

Human nature when he is one of yours

I think the sit out rules still applies, unless a waiver is granted by the NCAA; the difference in this case is that he is a graduate transfer, thus can play immediately wherever he goes. I hope he tears it up. Liked Vedral as a QB, agree that he wasn't going to get a shot here, would be rooting for him to win the starting job and go 9 and 1 next year.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back