• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NFL Discussion Thread

Games like the Giants/Broncos game are why I never bet NFL any longer.
REDo, for two weeks in a row, I've lost a teaser because Kansas St. They suck, I hope they finish winless the rest of the year. Only game I missed.... I'm pissed off about it too. :mad:

Games like the Giants/Broncos game are why I never bet NFL any longer.

And why this season is absolutely nuts.

We talk parity in the NFL every year. And it exists. And games like Giants-Broncos happen. But it seems to be trending more toward the norm.

About the only thing that remains the same is the Browns still suck.

The balance has to be because there aren't many elite QB's anymore in their prime, right? I like Alex Smith, a lot, but when he's the league-leader in QB rating, that's saying something. I think the NFL is stuck in a rut, where the old guard (Brady, Eli, Big Ben, Brees) are old, and the young guys (Prescott, Wentz, Carr, Watson, Goff) haven't really taken off yet. Aaron Rodgers had the chance to take over the league this year, but now that's been derailed.

Sad to see Rogers out. Anybody's guess on who comes out of the NFC .
The balance has to be because there aren't many elite QB's anymore in their prime, right? I like Alex Smith, a lot, but when he's the league-leader in QB rating, that's saying something. I think the NFL is stuck in a rut, where the old guard (Brady, Eli, Big Ben, Brees) are old, and the young guys (Prescott, Wentz, Carr, Watson, Goff) haven't really taken off yet. Aaron Rodgers had the chance to take over the league this year, but now that's been derailed.

Big Raiders fan. That TNF games was by far the best game I've watched this season (either from the Raiders or any other team), the Raiders have a big hole to climb out of but beating the Chiefs was the first step.

hearing alot of Tony Romo hate this morning - i have alot of fun listening to him on the broadcast, would prefer him and Nantz to any other broadcast team. am i alone? does everyone else hate Romo in the booth?

Why do the Chiefs have to tease? I never thought they were really deserving of the 5-0 record, but back-to-back losses suck. The D played terrible last night, but Thursday night games are always going to be a problem for defenses.

hearing alot of Tony Romo hate this morning - i have alot of fun listening to him on the broadcast, would prefer him and Nantz to any other broadcast team. am i alone? does everyone else hate Romo in the booth?

I'd like to hear/read those complaints. I do think Romo tries to be a bit too silly sometimes, but that's his schtick, and I can live with it. All good color guys have a schtick to fall back on. Plus, it sounds like Nantz is thoroughly enjoying his work this season, where in past seasons it almost sounded like he was going through the motions in NFL games.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back