• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NFL Discussion Thread

HuskerWeatherman

Feral Cat
20 Year Member
Good start for the season for me as a fan.

My second team, KC, thumping the Patriots Thursday night, was enjoyable for most of America.

My #1 team, the Eagles, started the season with a nice win over the Skins in Washington! The defense played well, and gave Kirk Cousins all sorts of pressure. Unfortunately, a couple of key injuries for Philly.

I saw a stat that the winner of the first divisional matchup of the season goes on to make the playoffs 40% of the time. The loser only does so 11% of the time. Interesting.

The Lions had a big win today. Not that I'm a Lions fan. But was curious to see how Ameer would perform. Nothing special. 15 rushes for 30 yards. 3 receptions for 11 yards. I don't know that Ameer will ever be a valuable weapon in that offense. At least not consistently. Detroit is very pass-happy.

Cowboys-Giants tonight. Can they both lose?

Last edited:

Good start for the season for me as a fan.

My second team, KC, thumping the Patriots Thursday night, was enjoyable for most of America.

Put me in the camp that was giddy with every KC score.
And yes, they both can lose(I wont go into details)but as long as Dallas loses, I'll be a fairly happy camper. My Rams won big today, and my Dolphins of course, was postponed for obvious reasons.
Oh, also, the 49ers got their shirts handed to them, that was good also. :Biggrin:

Will the Eagles win the NFC East?

DJH65Y0UQAEPjhi.jpg

Happy for my second favorite team kc . Boy the Texans suck!
Are the Texans going to be that bad? I was a little shocked. How long until they switch QB's?
Oops, they did. I have their defense in my money league but not sure that is a good choice if their offense is going to be so bad.

Last edited:

Yeah, I saw that when I just checked the box score. Hmmm...

Savage was beyond horrible in the first-half. Can't play much worse than he did. Granted, the line was getting eaten alive by the Jags D. But at least Watson has wheels to avoid the inevitable pressure.

Savage was beyond horrible in the first-half. Can't play much worse than he did. Granted, the line was getting eaten alive by the Jags D. But at least Watson has wheels to avoid the inevitable pressure.
I saw that the Texans QB was sacked 10 times. Thats a bad sign.

Cowboys defense looked surprisingly good with a mostly new defensive backfield. Obviously no OJB helps tremendously. But not much from Sheppard and nothing from Brandon Marshall.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back