• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NFL Discussion Thread

The Eagles are now 2-0 against division opponents. That is HUGE.

Today's game shouldn't have come down to the last play of the game ... but it did ... and it was incredible.

The Eagles' kicker booted a 61-yard FG on the game's final play. 61-yard! A rookie kicker playing in his first home game. Jake Elliot (Memphis). What a big-time kick. He was carried off the field on the players' shoulders. That is a highly uncommon sight for a kicker.

I'm convinced he'll be quarterbacking the Patriots for another 20 years. ;)
upload_2017-9-24_20-9-29.jpeg

Jake Elliott's parents/family reacting to their 22-year-old son's 61 yard, game-winning FG. Dad struggling to hold it together.

Last edited:
I listened to Tony Romo do the color commentary for the Packers game yesterday. He is really, really good. I wish his voice was a bit more dynamic, but he is extremely knowledgeable and translates it to the audience very well.

I listened to Tony Romo do the color commentary for the Packers game yesterday. He is really, really good. I wish his voice was a bit more dynamic, but he is extremely knowledgeable and translates it to the audience very well.
I think Romo is outstanding. You are right that he doesn't have the typical announcing voice but his insight is fantastic.

I think Romo is outstanding. You are right that he doesn't have the typical announcing voice but his insight is fantastic.

I've long considered Aikman to be the best of the best. Interestingly, Romo could one day be alongside his fellow former Cowboy on the upper-tier. I actually think Romo does a better job of explaining what he's seeing on the field.

I've long considered Aikman to be the best of the best. Interestingly, Romo could one day be alongside his fellow former Cowboy on the upper-tier. I actually think Romo does a better job of explaining what he's seeing on the field.
The thing I don't like about Aikman is that he seems to over-correct on his criticism of the Cowboys so that people don't think he is a homer. At least that is the way I see it as a Cowboys fan.

I may need to start my own Jake Elliot thread. Hahah!

A little background about Elliot .. he was drafted by the Bengals this past spring (5th round). But they waived him and signed him to the practice squad.

The Eagles lost their kicker prior to game two, and picked up Elliot off the Bengals practice squad.

And just like that, he's a legend in Philly.

The longest kick by a rookie in NFL history.

This reminds me of Alex Henery's game winning boot against CU in 2008.

The Spanish version (every sports play is better in Spanish):

Last edited:

Really? Ive heard a little of him twice now...i though he was horrific.

Different strokes

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back