• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New Coach & Scott Frost Discussion

I said last night that frost wants neb to think other schools want him, including UF and UCF. It's his only negotiating leverage.
The simplest explanation is usually the most accurate--there is mutual interest with SF and UF. He doesn't need any more leverage with NU as we would do pretty much anything to land him.

The simplest explanation is usually the most accurate--there is mutual interest with SF and UF. He doesn't need any more leverage with NU as we would do pretty much anything to land him.
achems razor fits. He wont get us above 5M unless someone else comes calling.

It’s his decision to make and he should do whatever he thinks is best for him and his family. I won’t hold a grudge if he turns down Nebraska, but I will be depressed about it for a while.

It’s possible that other coaches could be successful here and maybe we’d get lucky, but none of the other names excite me at all. Frost is the closest thing to a home run we could get.

That's how I feel about it, too. I know someone other than Frost can be successful here and that Frost might not succeed. I'll support whoever is here, but my enthusiasm-meter will be much lower for anyone else.

I don’t follow. What’s not gonna happen?
That's weird. What happened to my post?? Anyway, there were two posters on another board that claim inside sources. One knows the Frost family, the other, someone way up in the AD. Both posted within minutes of each other on Tuesday night saying Frost to NU was verbally a done deal. MR gone Saturday. Announcement timing will be left up to SF, but no later than Dec 4th. If UCF loses, expect a Sunday or Monday announcement. If they win, again no later than Dec 4th. If for some reason SF would break his word, Moos has a good backup plan for a #2 coach. TIFWIW.

Last edited:
Frost's reps meeting with UF is barely even newsworthy. I have no inside info and don't know if Frost is coming, but UF being interested in Frost is no more relevant today than it was yesterday or weeks ago.

Good thing UF fired McElwain before the season was over to get out ahead of everyone.

That's weird. What happened to my post?? Anyway, there were two posters on another board that claim inside sources. One knows the Frost family, the other, someone way up in the AD. Both posted within minutes of each other on Tuesday night saying Frost to NU was verbally a done deal. MR gone Saturday. Announcement timing will be left up to SF, but no later than Dec 4th. If UCF loses, expect a Sunday or Monday announcement. If they win, again no later than Dec 4th. If for some reason SF would break his word, Moos has a good backup plan for a #2 coach. TIFWIW.
One of those two posters also said Frost's agent has had a contract in hand from NU since 11/4. Have had a couple of meetings between Moos and agent. Moos told boosters if you want your guy, show me the money. Was told that won't be a problem and NU won't be outbid. Also said SF has told UF, thanks but no thanks twice. In spite of what the reports are today saying Florida reps to meet with Frost, I don't know why he'd listen for a third time.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back