• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Nebraska vs Wyoming Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Papuchis IS the defensive coordinator. What Bo needs is to hire someone he trusts enough to let him run the show. It makes no sense to make someone a defensive figurehead and then make all the calls yourself. He cant do that with Papuchis because he just doesnt have the experience.

But it's Bo's team. He will rise or fall by his decisions.

I agree. Will be incredibly ironic if Bo's downfall is the same as Callahan's . . . except Bo is too stubborn to fire himself as D Coordinator. I hope they can turn it around--but it sure is looking like his first few years defensively were the aberration and what we're seeing now is the new norm. Sad to watch. I thought a defense couldn't be worse than Cosgrove's but we may be there.

I agree. Will be incredibly ironic if Bo's downfall is the same as Callahan's . . . except Bo is too stubborn to fire himself as D Coordinator. I hope they can turn it around--but it sure is looking like his first few years defensively were the aberration and what we're seeing now is the new norm. Sad to watch. I thought a defense couldn't be worse than Cosgrove's but we may be there.

I'm not sure we can say the first years were an aberration since he had success here before, at OK, and at LSU. But it could be that as head coach, there is too much on his plate and he has to let go. Another possibility is people have basically cracked the code on his defensive schemes.

Having said that, there were a lot of young guys playing tonight. We can't ignore that.

I'm not sure we can say the first years were an aberration since he had success here before, at OK, and at LSU. But it could be that as head coach, there is too much on his plate and he has to let go. Another possibility is people have basically cracked the code on his defensive schemes.

Having said that, there were a lot of young guys playing tonight. We can't ignore that.
Fair assessment CaptK. Other than Ron Brown and yes, Barney Cotton, this is a very inexperienced coaching staff. Bo I'm sure was surrounded by much more experienced coaches at OU and LSU. I wonder if Bo wants to be the most experienced coach in the room? I have no clue.

I am beginning to wonder if Bo's defensive philosophy / scheme is like anything else. It seemed to be new and different, and now people have had a chance to find the chinks in the armor. I know that this happens on a fairly regular basis offensively. The key is changing with the times as necessary, and I'm not convinced Bo is the changing type.

Beck was not even on his B game tonight . . . he was riding the C train most of the night. For the most part, I really like Beck and some of the things he's done have been great. But he can be a little Watson-esque when it comes to calling plays based on what you SHOULD be able to do or what you want to do vs what might work best given what's been going on during the game. He gets too clever in the wrong spots and too pig headed in others.
Yes he is, but he has better athletes than at KU and doesn't do the plays they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back