• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Nebraska vs Wyoming Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michigan won 59 to 9!

NU barely gets by Wyoming

there is a lot of work to be done on the Defensive side of the ball

I thought the play calling was a curious as well. The int was huge and if you're going to throw the ball in that situation you need have the 1's on the field to reduce the possibility of a "mis-communication".

I could not agree more. As the announcer listed the receivers who were in the game at that point, I thought, well, I guess it will be a run. There seemed to be a bit more arrogance on the part of NU in that situation. We have been hearing about all the players that they were going to get in the game, but in a must-have situation like that, you better put your best out there!

Sirles looking like he'll tear someone apart during the presser just now

:Biggrin:

Hell, he had 4 qtrs. to tear someone apart, and we could not get 1 yard on 4th down. I hope we don't have to hear anymore talk about scoring 50 pts a game, or how this is one of the best lines at NU ever...maybe it will happen, but shut up until you do it.

I thought the play calling was a curious as well. The int was huge and if you're going to throw the ball in that situation you need have the 1's on the field to reduce the possibility of a "mis-communication".

Yeah, I think Beck can be stubborn in "easy" games.

Sorry to rain on the victory parade but this game was an absolute embarrassment. We gave up 602 yards to Wyoming. WYOMING. And for all the people saying how good Wyoming is -- no, they're not. When they finish the season 4-7 maybe you'll realize what I'm saying. The truth is that Nebraska's defense is really that bad.

I'm just sick of the excuses from both coaches and fans. Every time Bo is asked about the defense he says they're "fine" and every summer he says how great things are. I'm sick of getting the 2 and 3 star recruits and how they're studs in disguise and such steals. No, they're not. They're mediocre college players. I'm tired of hearing fans say to "step away from he ledge" and that "everything's gonna be OK." No, it's not. It must be nice living in Never-Never Land... maybe I'll come visit you when I can take a break from reality.

Papuchis has had his turn, and he has failed. Bo needs a new DC, and quickly. Bring back Bohl and Frost......

Last edited:
Geez this game was a hot mess tonight. However, we seem to be able to reach the end zone with our kickoffs whenever we want. So we got that going for us.....which is nice.

That 7-0 record going into Ann Arbor that a lot of us were counting on seems like a steep uphill climb from here........

Yeah, I think Beck can be stubborn in "easy" games.

Beck was not even on his B game tonight . . . he was riding the C train most of the night. For the most part, I really like Beck and some of the things he's done have been great. But he can be a little Watson-esque when it comes to calling plays based on what you SHOULD be able to do or what you want to do vs what might work best given what's been going on during the game. He gets too clever in the wrong spots and too pig headed in others.

Sorry to rain on the victory parade but this game was an absolute embarrassment. We gave up 602 yards to Wyoming. WYOMING. And for all the people saying how good Wyoming is -- no, they're not. When they finish the season 4-7 maybe you'll realize what I'm saying. The truth is that Nebraska's defense is really that bad.

I'm just sick of the excuses from both coaches and fans. Every time Bo is asked about the defense he says they're "fine" and every summer he says how great things are. I'm sick of getting the 2 and 3 star recruits and how they're studs in disguise and such steals. No, they're not. They're mediocre college players. I'm tired of hearing fans say to "step away from he ledge" and that "everything's gonna be OK." No, it's not. It must be nice living in Never-Never Land... maybe I'll come visit you when I can take a break from reality.

Papuchis has had his turn, and he has failed. Bo needs a new DC, and quickly. Bring back Bohl and Frost......

I don't think Papuchis IS the defensive coordinator. What Bo needs is to hire someone he trusts enough to let him run the show. It makes no sense to make someone a defensive figurehead and then make all the calls yourself. He cant do that with Papuchis because he just doesnt have the experience.

But it's Bo's team. He will rise or fall by his decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back