• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Penn State (11/18/17)

I just hope that it is Crown Royal, and that he doesn't avoid it. :Biggrin:

Whatever is your pleasure, BN. :)

images

Yep, just like we could have won the Oregon game if that first half didn't count. And we could have gone to overtime with Wisconsin if the rest of the game after Williams' pick-six didn't count. And we probably would have beaten N. Illinois if we didn't give them two defensive touchdowns.

You know, you can take your examples, then add them to the "close" losses we had last year, and you have, a winning season.........all by itself! Yes, I have to say, so tired of all these games that come under woulda', coulda', shoulda'!!

Last edited:
Oh, btw:

NU PS
FIRST DOWNS.................. 21 32
Rushing .................... 4 9
Passing ................... 16 18
Penalty .................... 1 5
RUSHES-YARDS (NET)........ 26-67 35-263
PASSING YDS (NET)........... 399 346
Passes Att-Comp-Int..... 41-26-0 39-26-0
TOTAL OFFENSE ........... 67-466 74-609
Fumble Returns-Yards........ 0-0 0-0
Punt Returns-Yards.......... 1-3 2-7
Kickoff Returns-Yards..... 4-104 5-84
Int. Returns-Yards.......... 0-0 0-0
Punts (Number-Avg)....... 8-42.4 4-39.5
Fumbles-Lost................ 0-0 1-1
Penalties-Yards............ 9-89 5-39
Possession Time........... 29:49 30:11
Third-Down Conversions.. 5 of 15 8 of 12
Fourth-Down Conversions.. 1 of 1 0 of 0
Red-Zone Scores-Chances.....5-5 7-7
Sacks By: Number-Yards...... 2-4 4-25

RUSHING
NU: Wilbon 10-53; Ozigbo 7-12; Bradley 1-9; Spielman 1-8; Lindsey 1-1; Lee 6-minus 16.

PS: Barkley 17-158; McSorley 9-46; Stevens 5-31; Sanders, Miles 4-28.

PASSING
NU: Lee 26-41-0-399.

PS: McSorley 24-36-0-325; Stevens 2-3-0-21.

RECEIVING
NU: Morgan 7-185; Spielman 6-96; Hoppes 6-43; Pierson-El 4-54; Wilbon 2-18; Stoll 1-3.

PS: Barkley 6-66; Johnson 5-105; Gesicki 4-47; Hamilton 4-42; Stevens 2-22; Blacknall 1-22; Bowers 1-15; Thompkins 1-15; Sanders 1-6; Pancoast 1-6.

Last edited:

Yep, just like we could have won the Oregon game if that first half didn't count. And we could have gone to overtime with Wisconsin if the rest of the game after Williams' pick-six didn't count. And we probably would have beaten N. Illinois if we didn't give them two defensive touchdowns.
giphy.gif

You know, you can take your examples, then add them to the "close" losses we had last year, and you have, a winning season.........all by itself! Yes, I have to say, so tired of all these games that come under woulda', coulda', shoulda'!!

I think that most any coach will say that every loss comes down to would’ve, could’ve, should’ve decisions. It’s just that the “better” coaches make the correct decisions more often. ;)

Last edited:

at this point who cares about the stats. the main stat is the kids came back and gave it all they had. I am proud of them regardless of the outcome as at this point is about them and not about us.

Wasn't meant to demean the kids. I posted it, to show that we did some damage, also. Relax. :)

As far as posting our record, it is just an official stat that I copied. It was aimed at showing how inept MR has been at Nebraska.

I found the end of the game entertaining, also, taking off some of the gloom of the final score.

Last edited:
Wasn't meant to demean the kids. I posted it, to show that we did some damage, also. Relax. :)

As far as posting our record, it is just an official stat that I copied. It was aimed at showing how inept MR has been at Nebraska.

I found the end of the game entertaining, also, taking off some of the gloom of the final score.

that wasn't meant as anything against you I just feel bad for the kids.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back