• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Omaha - 4-11-23 - Tuesday - 6:05 pm Ctrl - Hawks Field

100% on Bolt! You could see that the pitcher was having trouble,
He does seem to have a tendency to leave someone who is struggling in too long.

Hopefully he learns from this game and the 2nd Michigan game….

I actually think this squad has made huge improvements over last year.

But they just aren’t consistent enough yet.

They also definitely play down to their opponent. Seem to lose focus against lesser competition.

RPI is a joke at the beginning of a year…but about now it starts to have weight and a loss to Omaha does not help.

Thanks for the PBP @CrnhskrBob ! Very disappointing defeat. I hope we can win the conference tournament. That will probably be our only way to make the NCAA tournament.

That will probably be our only way to make the NCAA tournament.
If we win the regular season Big Ten, I have yet to see a non-invite to a power five conference regular season winner. Could happen but doubtful.

But with the way the tournament is so RPI and strength of schedule stacked… a loss like this really hurts…no doubt.

They just can’t dwell on this. Learn…do better. You honestly don’t think long-term in baseball it is such a long season. You focus on one game at a time and winning whatever serious you are in. If you start looking ahead, you start paying a price immediately.

And honestly, that’s all these kids can do right now. They just don’t have the consistency to be considered a really good team at this point.

And last night the Gods of Chance were just against our boys. The number of blooper hits and the wind blowing juuuust right for Omaha was simply amazing. Bob was going apoplectic…LOL. Everything went their way and yet our kids tied it in the ninth….one more hit or that Omaha First Baseman Satowski not making a fabulous save of a totally wild throw…and we would have won that darn game anyway.

On to Northwestern!

All you can do….

Last edited:
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Coulda, woulda, shoulda !!! A plethora of reasons and poor excuses for a crappy game. My brother, who lives in Lincoln, will attend an occasional game and he describes Nebraska baseball as barely average at best and certainly disappointing more times than not.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Coulda, woulda, shoulda !!! A plethora of reasons and poor excuses for a crappy game. My brother, who lives in Lincoln, will attend an occasional game and he describes Nebraska baseball as barely average at best and certainly disappointing more times than not.
Sorry…but have you even watched a game? Did you watch that game last night?

And I do not know your brother from Adam….

But “certainly disappointing more times than not” leads me to believe he hasn’t watched much either. They have been Big10 Champions 2 of the last 5 years. 2 years ago they were 5 outs from going to the Super Regional and unseating (at that time) #1 Arkansas

Also…no offense…but what exactly does your post add to the discussion?

Vent your frustration? I mean fine…it’s a free country.

But if you are a Husker Fan…how does your statements help the team?

Yes, I've been to some games. LONG road trip but do make the time to go. Yes, Big10 champions twice in the last 5 years. But being the Big10 champ gets you what? An automatic invite to Omaha for the big show, no. Awarded a spot in the big show because of record, RPI, etc., no. It's fun to watch good baseball but we need to be realistic. They haven't been a team to contend with nor instilling fear in opponents, especially I'd think the non-conference teams. Am I frustrated, yes. Am I venting, yes. Thanks

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back