• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Iowa (11/28/19) BTN Tailgate In Lincoln

Anyone listening to the post program with Scott Frost he is totally in denial!
he had no motivation to play any other quarterback than Martinez
just wanted to try to play with the other two for a single play each, and that's all he wanted to do
had no thought of keeping McCaffrey in the game indefinitely
amazing
Ignorance is bliss, we have a very blissful HC

Stanley will be playing in the pros. Iowa's a darn good "team". Maybe it's our lack of respect that puts us in the crapper with so many Big Ten teams. We've needed a makeover for a long time and Frost is in the middle of it-- and making himself over in the process. Patience. If he isn't the answer, there isn't one.

Frost is the guy, but we’re going to have more bumps than we thought along the way. He’s a smart guy and you have to believe he will learn from his mistakes.

Anyone listening to the post program with Scott Frost he is totally in denial!
he had no motivation to play any other quarterback than Martinez
just wanted to try to play with the other two for a single play each, and that's all he wanted to do
had no thought of keeping McCaffrey in the game indefinitely
amazing

Frost really came across as a Moron today. Maybe the sell out streak needs to end, probably the only thing to wake the coaches/university up.

Last edited:

Frost is the guy, but we’re going to have more bumps than we thought along the way. He’s a smart guy and you have to believe he will learn from his mistakes.
I would like to agree with you that he will learn from his mistakes, but he seems to make the same mistakes repeatedly. He is very stubborn. I think he can develop as a coach, but he has to learn to trust the simple answer sometimes rather than going the overthinking route. You can see it in the play calling, the personnel decisions and other places.

Frost learned some lessons from TO. But he is having a hard time figuring out which lessons to hold on to. Stick with your starter no matter what - bad lesson. Some of those old lessons don’t hold up in today’s game. This loss, two seasons without a bowl, are completely on Frost and his immaturity and ego.

Frost really came across as a Moron today. Maybe the sell out streak needs to end, probably the only thing to wake the coaches/university up.
Or maybe condition his contract extension on firing some assistants... Oh wait, I guess it’s too late for that.

One can certainly argue Frost is overpaid. But, I don't blame him for that. I'd guess he wishes he didn't have that onus hanging over him right now. Nebraska was and is a rebuild. More than we imagined. We'll get there with Frost.

That's what I've been thinking, but damn today you have to let Luke play. T.O. was never afraid to bench a starter, why is Frost?

I hope the returning players make this off-season a Rocky montage and make next year a vengeance tour.

I bought into the hype this year that we would be a lot better after seeing hype videos etc.. what a crock of donkey crap. I’m not sniffing the hook again anytime soon. Watching this crap has made me become mostly indifferent which is truly sad.

I still think we have the talent.

Maybe, but it sure isn’t showing up in the W column.

I still think we beat ourselves by not playing up to our potential.

Sometimes that is on the players for sure and it’s exacerbated by awful game day coaching.

I still think we can get beyond that.

I am losing hope. Seriously. It’s going to be a long winter again and that is solely on this coaching staff. And for someone who hasn’t had a thing to drink today, expected we would lose so I’m not in shock, delusional or spewing emotion....... I truly am embarrassed about our program at the moment. I predicted we would be 8-5 this year, though my heart said 7-5, so I do believe I am fairly realistic.
I remain a Frost supporter, but no doubt he has been way underwhelming these 2 years.

And if there isn’t significant progress over the next two years, and that doesn’t even mean winning the west- well I don’t even want to imagine that. Unfortunately, we’ve been playing the what if and reminiscing game for 20 years now and it’s past old....

One can certainly argue Frost is overpaid. But, I don't blame him for that. I'd guess he wishes he didn't have that onus hanging over him right now. Nebraska was and is a rebuild. More than we imagined. We'll get there with Frost.
I disagree. Frost’s ego and stubbornness has made this an extended rebuild. He refuses to leverage the few strengths on this team that could have enabled the team to make a bowl. His way or no way.

I think the coaches are a fraternity that loves to "show" support for their fellow coaches at all times. I think any comments made by Matt Millen today about how Frost is doing well were said because Matt Millen is an employee of the Big Ten Conference.

Even in the darkest of times, there's lame ass positive statements made about a coach.

There's no reason Frost should be fired. But -- there's a lot of tongue in cheek with the idea that "everyone outside the program supports Frost." Sure, no one hates the guy.

“Everyone” never supports anything. There are always people who see it the other way.

Some people look at todays game and see absolute darkness in an infinite abyss. Other people look at this game in its totality and team that got behind, never gave up, gave themselves a chance to win, and took the #15 team into the final seconds of the game.

Some people, if they had the power, would fire these coaches, hire new ones, and try to fire them at the end of the next season. Then, a they would whine about how we never seem to get better. Others see the value of committing to a coaching staff, for better or worse, because it is to our mutual benefit to help them succeed.

That's what I've been thinking, but damn today you have to let Luke play. T.O. was never afraid to bench a starter, why is Frost?

I can only hope that I AM rises to the occasion next year because I am confident that Frost will not bench him. TO was lambasted at times for being too loyal.
Frost says hold my beer...

And I am not saying he should be benched, just confident he won’t be...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back