• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Iowa (11/28/19) BTN Tailgate In Lincoln

Really? SF ruined AM? Ok then.
Yeah I get it, AM is injured. But his decision-making is just abysmal and his accuracy us worse. Last year’s raw A.M. was a much better player than this one who thinks so much, with aid of another year’s coaching.

Generally good coaches improve their players from one year to the next. Can’t say that has happened here.

This wasn’t the worst season in memory, but it sure was the most disappointing season in my lifetime.

Actually, the only seasons that may qualify as worse resulted in the coach being fired at the end of the season. :)

Considering the expectations going into this season -- from literally everyone -- it was definitely the most underachieving team I've seen.

Thank god this season is over.
That is definitely the bad news/good news. You weren't good enough to make a bowl game; but, at least you don't have to suffer through that again. I hope the returning players make this off-season a Rocky montage and make next year a vengeance tour. I still think we have the talent. I still think we beat ourselves by not playing up to our potential. I still think we can get beyond that.

Yeah I get it, AM is injured. But his decision-making is just abysmal and his accuracy us worse. Last year’s raw A.M. was a much better player than this one who thinks so much, with aid of another year’s coaching.

Generally good coaches improve their players from one year to the next. Can’t say that has happened here.
Honestly I think its effort...and AM seems clueless to what it takes to lead the O. If he's dinged, the cut Vedral or LM loose and roll the dice. At least they will play with passion.

Baffled by the regression of AM this year. Has HCSF ever had a QB regress? Going back to his Oregon OC days to UCF. Every one of his QB's were nails and had fast twitch decision making/anticipation to go with fast twitch trigger finger. This years model is perplexing. Consider a commitment to incorporating a power run game to your hang your hat on offensive model over the off season?

Last edited:
Unfortunately, a mediocre team that owns us.
Stanley will be playing in the pros. Iowa's a darn good "team". Maybe it's our lack of respect that puts us in the crapper with so many Big Ten teams. We've needed a makeover for a long time and Frost is in the middle of it-- and making himself over in the process. Patience. If he isn't the answer, there isn't one.

You really think “everyone” outside the program supported Riley and now Frost because they think these coaches will keep the team from being successful?

:Biggrin:

I think the coaches are a fraternity that loves to "show" support for their fellow coaches at all times. I think any comments made by Matt Millen today about how Frost is doing well were said because Matt Millen is an employee of the Big Ten Conference.

Even in the darkest of times, there's lame ass positive statements made about a coach.

There's no reason Frost should be fired. But -- there's a lot of tongue in cheek with the idea that "everyone outside the program supports Frost." Sure, no one hates the guy.

Stanley will be playing in the pros. Iowa's a darn good "team". Maybe it's our lack of respect that puts us in the crapper with so many Big Ten teams. We've needed a makeover for a long time and Frost is in the middle of it-- and making himself over in the process. Patience. If he isn't the answer, there isn't one.
Agree that we shouldn’t be disrespecting anyone at this point. If Frost is Willing to grow and admit some things (swing passes, favorite players, etc) may need to change he should grow and have us on a path back to respectable. The fact he’s focusing on foundational aspects should allow whatever success we find to sustainable.

Baffled by the regression of AM this year. Has HCSF ever had a QB regress? Going back to his Oregon OC days to UCF. Every one of his QB's were nails and had fast twitch decision making/anticipation to go with fast twitch execution. This years model is perplexing. Consider a commitment to incorporating a power run game to your hang your hat on offensive model over the off season?

Seems to be a carbon copy of the other Martinez. Flashes phenomenal talent freshman year and then becomes just OK the next year.

Nonsense.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back