• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Iowa (11/23/18)

Should be an interesting game, friends, with some interesting pregame reads and predictions to get you prepped for it. SMH at Shatel's last quip in his article today, but whatever. I am hopeful for a win, though it will be a tough task today in Iowa City.

Many have opined about what today means, win or lose, in terms of a final statement to this season and whether it is a springboard to next year ... this season holds sentimentality for lots of folks just happy Frost is back at Nebraska, while for others it serves as a necessary prelude to better days ahead, a purge of the wildly inconsistent and regrettable 16 or so years leading up to this season. 4 or 5 wins is not what any of us wanted, but there is an evident shift in this program, one that provides hope.

Here's to our Huskers playing with the kind of desire and emotion unmatched versus Iowa for the last few years, to their newfound spirit of brotherhood, and to leaving it all on the field today. :Cheers:

I find it nearly impossible to predict this game.

Husker offense was on a major upswing, until last week.
Iowa offense was on a major downswing, until last week.
Husker defense was simply not good, until last week.
Hawkeye defense has been fairly dependable throughout the season.

Without Spielman, I'm guessing we see an offense similar to last week. Iowa will be able to focus on Morgan and stopping the run. Their D-line is very, very good.

Our defense has had significant problems stopping the run and stopping good TE's (our LBs just don't have the needed speed). Those are the strengths of the Iowa offense.

I'm hoping our offense is clicking and an unsung player steps up with some big plays to shift attention away from Morgan and Ozigbo.

Not sure if this is behind paywall. If someone could confirm, there are more articles from QC Times that I can link if they are freebies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back