• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Illinois Game Thread (08/28/2021)

We need to hire: Matt Campbell, Luke Fickel or Bob Stoops. With the B12 crumbling, NOW is the perfect time for Trev to already begin a, "conversation" with MC. Maybe we can even lure away Mack Brown?

They are talking on 1620 about how the receivers where open. They are saying what I am saying. Frosts passing game was well called today. The running game was not. Martinez missed a ton of open guys. Talking about how he missed Hickman when he was running all alone.

They are talking on 1620 about how the receivers where open. They are saying what I am saying. Frosts passing game was well called today. The running game was not. Martinez missed a ton of open guys. Talking about how he missed Hickman when he was running all alone.
They are right. Have they addressed why he kept shortarming throws off his back foot? Worst mechanics I’ve seen AM in his entire career…which has been a bunch of games. I can’t believe that MV hasn’t corrected this in their tenure. I can only remember 1 pass with any zip where the nose of the ball was horizontal & that was the post to Touri. It’s hard for me to believe the “light” will soon turn on.

Last edited:
They are right. Have they addressed why he kept shortarming throws off his back foot? Worst mechanics I’ve seen AM in his entire career…which has a bunch of games. I can’t believe that MV hasn’t corrected this in their tenure. I can only remember 1 pass with any zip where the nose of the ball was horizontal & that was the post to Touri. It’s hard for me to believe the “light” will soon turn on.
It won’t turn on. He’s in year four. Unfortunately I think he’s the best we got.

It won’t turn on. He’s in year four. Unfortunately I think he’s the best we got.
I’m sure he is. And sadly, that’s an indictment of our coach. Not you, me or any other fan that wants to spin some positivity. For the life of me I can’t think of another HC whose loyalty to a QB over the course of 3 plus years is as big a detriment.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back