• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Illinois Game Thread (08/28/2021)

Oh we were absolutely a better team. We made all the mistakes in the world and still only managed to lose by a possession. Illinois made nearly no mistakes and squeaked by. I don’t want to hear that we weren’t a better team because that’s an absolutely false statement.
When you are sitting at 12-21 you can't keep claiming you are the better team. Fact is Nebraska fan has mocked these lesser teams for years and now they are fairly consistently beating us. At some point you have to face the reality of the situation.

Oh we were absolutely a better team. We made all the mistakes in the world and still only managed to lose by a possession. Illinois made nearly no mistakes and squeaked by. I don’t want to hear that we weren’t a better team because that’s an absolutely false statement.
Wait a minute. Mistakes have defined this team. Is not the HC part of the team? I can't or won't say UI has better personnel, but as a team they played and coached better which is how you win. UI was certainly the better team today and I imagine will be by season's end as well.

When you are sitting at 12-21 you can't keep claiming you are the better team. Fact is Nebraska fan has mocked these lesser teams for years and now they are fairly consistently beating us. At some point you have to face the reality of the situation.
I would agree if we weren’t constantly in position to win games. If we were worse, we never would be in the position

I would agree if we weren’t constantly in position to win games. If we were worse, we never would be in the position
Being in position to constantly win games but not doing it does not make us the better team. Scoreboard counts and if this was isolated I would agree but this is two in a row for Illinois and it took a 4th quarter comeback in 2019.

Being in position to constantly win games but not doing it does not make us the better team. Scoreboard counts and if this was isolated I would agree but this is two in a row for Illinois and it took a 4th quarter comeback in 2019.
So you truly believe deep down and you’d put money on it that Illinois is a better team than Nebraska?

No running back with over 40 yards. Complete inability to run the ball except QB scrambles. Facing stacked fronts. Until we have a QB that can pass well enough to be respected by the defense, we will not be able to run.

So, a team makes few mistakes and beats a team that makes a lot of costly mistakes... which is the better team again?

Sobering thought... Illinois is probably the worst offense and worst defense we will see in a conference game this year. We scored 22 points on a bad defense coached by a brand new coach.

So, a team makes few mistakes and beats a team that makes a lot of costly mistakes... which is the better team again?
Michigan made tons of mistakes agains App St. in 2007 and lost. Who was truly the better team? Michigan clearly. We’re not on that level but the comparison is still relevant.

Illinois was better prepared, better coached, and their players executed better. What part of that are you trying to argue?
I’m not arguing anything other than the fact that I believe we were still the better team ‍♂️

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back