• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Illinois Game Thread (08/28/2021)

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Well here we go with another new season and even better the Huskers vs Illinois is the opening game for college football in 2021.

The Game will be on FOX starting at 12 Noon CDT from Champaign, Illinois

Big change in the streaming radio this year as you are more than likely aware so if you want to listen here are your choices

I have the Huskers App and its really good. That should solve the problem for most of you if not the local stations are listed

If you have the App pregame starts at 7AM

Normal rules apply in the game thread. No beating the word filter, no attacking another poster the bottom line is be civil to one another and there should be no problem. Those who choose not to will be thread banned and at @BigRedMax discretion could face some vacation time away from the forum depending on the nature of the thread ban. Lets do this right because I honestly do not want to thread ban anyone or recommend to David that a vacation is in order

Looking forward to the game!

This is always my favorite time of the year. I have so many Cornhusker fall memories - i cannot even start to count them. Game day in Lincoln is just the best, but listening on the radio when I was a youngster with my Dad will be with me forever.
I think we win this one going away. There was power and confidence gained with our last game against Rutgers and it helps carry us to a comfortable road win!

GBR.

5l1zyt.jpg

Last edited:

The Game will be on FOX starting at 12 Noon CDT from Champaign, Illinois
It’s on Fox unless you live in St. Louis, where the local Fox station has made the brilliant decision to air a preseason NFL game instead of the home opener of one of the closest FBS schools. The Nebraska-Illinois game has been relegated to their sister station, which isn’t available for too many of us who stream TV. I guess the NFL burning St. Louis by letting the Rams leave made a real impact on local TV executives

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back