• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Colorado (9/7/19)

I don't know about you but I've been saying that 2020 should be the year that we should expect this team to challenge for a conference Championship.

Riley absolutely took this team into the crap hole and anyone who thought that Frost was going to turn this team around as quickly as he did at Central Florida was delusional. So I'm sorry but yes, it is, "wait till next year"
OK I admit it I was delusional. I fell for all the preseason hype. I now believe the coaches feed the media the hype because they knew they had a mentally and physically weak team and were trying to increase the team confidence. The team may be a little bigger and stronger this year but they are not better conditioned. They are good for a half but they can’t handle 60 minutes of football.

It's never as good as you think it is and it's never as bad as you think it is. Based on your logic, you are anticipating absolutely no improvement throughout the rest of the year, which runs counter to what we saw last year. This is a new team with new starters at key positions. I anticipate we will see some pretty big jumps over the coming weeks.

I hope you’re right. I’m afraid however what you’re seeing is the team’s weaknesses exposed. Next week will be big. Two points on a graph can be misleading because one of the points could be a blip. 3 points on a graph chart a trend. We shall see.

Only two WRs caught a pass yesterday, Spielman and Robinson. All other passes were caught by RBs or TE. That’s amazing.

It all comes down to blocking and tackling. We do not seem to understand that simple principle of the game. Until we improve on those fundamental issues, (and that is on the coaches) we will see more of the same. I does not matter who the flash and dash guys are, unless those fundamental issues are solved, it will be another 4-8 season with no bowl game. I am so sick of this crap. I have lost faith in Martinez. The hype was way overdone. If we have adequate back ups, give some of them an opportunity. Three more years of this is more than my 75 year old body can endure.
You're better off than I am
I'll be 82 in January!! :(

Home from a fabulous day in the sun, watching my beloved Huskers, surrounded with friends, family & Husker Nation!.. owning Folsom Field. Had a wonderful time interacting with so many Nebraska fans & am so proud of how we all turned that place red - kudos Big Red Nation!!

Lousy finish, but as a veteran of so many heartbreaks over the years (Sooner magic :Puke:) it's easy to see that better times are ahead for this group, as they continue to re-build the Big Red Machine, learn how to finish, win & eventually dominate & expect to win.

Proud to be associated with Husker Nation, today's end result was tough, but this was a tremendous day, a great game & a tough loss... but this too shall pass.

:Herbie:
... But this too shall pass? Sorry, but based on what???

I copied this from a NFL writer's tweet: "The Redskins blew a 17-point lead and looked terrible in the second half in a 32-27 season-opening loss to the Eagles. Both sides of the ball played terrific in the opening two quarters; they both looked bad in the second....."

So it happens, even to teams were everyone is making MILLIONS (ok, some of the very low tier players are only making hundreds of thousands).

Frost & Co will get the ship righted but the more I see what he "inherited" after the Riley debacle, the more I am realizing that the ship was sunk, with massive holes all over it.

You can’t look at it in a vacuum. The tackling was very solid in the first half. If you can’t string together some first downs and give your D a rest you get what we saw in the 4th quarter. They were gassed because they had been out there all day. Runs that went for no gain or 2 yds in the first half were going 6-8 in the 4th quarter.
Disagree! They just failed to wrap up on too many plays. Tired or not, they were not tough tackles to be had! Sloppy tackling, period!

I hate to admit it, but I feel like a ship run aground. I’m in shock that we lost and I had to endure classless CU fans firsthand that frankly deserve to lose every game. I have to believe the coaches have an answer to “Where do we go from here?” but I honestly don’t.

I need this week to grieve and recover. The team must feel 10x worse, but they only get a day.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back