• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Colorado (9/7/19)

When has Nebraska ever been blown out by the Colorado’s of the world? I feel like I’m taking crazy pills. Colorado has averaged 4 wins per season since Barnett exited in 2005.
I suppose it depends on how one defines “the Colorado’s of the world”. I’m thinking about this year’s Colorado team that Will likely win more than four games. I arguably would put the “blow out” losses to the 2017 Minnesota and Iowa teams in the category of this year’s Colorado team.

I actually agree with almost everything you said and we are more in line than you'd think.
Where I disagree is here: What is Frost supposed to say? " My team is grossly untalented and I doubt we will be able to compete against the better teams this year."

Personally, I believe that Scott believes what he is saying. But we are crazy young and inexperienced. We dont have veterans on this team to show the youngsters how to win because they dont know how to win. This is going to take a while to completely change this culture and to get the talent and build the depth required to compete at the highest level.

I'm seeing glimpses, but we are not there yet. We will need to endure some more bumps and bruises before we officially turn the corner. GBR!
D line has experience.

I agree the players seemed angry and I liked that but Frost seemed like he took some of the chill pills that Riley left in the office.

The head coach can’t win no matter what he does, unless he is winning, then he can be however he wants to be. Pelini was on the other end of the spectrum. People didn’t like that either. Bottom line, a coach can never make people feel good after a loss.

Scott Frost is our guy. He has my full support.

But we are crazy young and inexperienced. We dont have veterans on this team to show the youngsters how to win because they dont know how to win.

I purposely only took out this part of what you said. I’m in agreement with everything you said, but it’s this part right here that sticks in my crawl. Because how freaking long has it been that I’ve heard the same crap over and over.
We’re young.
We don’t know how to win or finish....
While true. I’m just sick of hearing it.
Other teams are young too....

One thing about it, if in two more years / two more recruiting cycles - we are no better off than what we are right now and we are hearing the same things - we are in deep trouble.. And that makes me literally sick to my stomach to imagine.

I am unfortunate to not see the games, because I work every Saturday and I record the games to watch them after I get home. I try to keep up as the game plays, i.e. smart phone, computer, etc.

It seems that I spend more time watching pressers after the game than watching games themselves. My DVR is filled with NU games from the past three years and most are not watched. I’m tired of stomaching BS, game in and game out. It’s the same answers after every loss. This didn’t work, practice was good, we made costly mistakes, blah, blah, blah.

We have not played fundamental football on both sides of the ball in nearly two decades. Two decades and we can’t block and/or tackle. How hard is it? A lower tier team comes into Lincoln and loses because we had better talent and some breaks that went our way (2 defensive TD’s and a special teams TD). This is so puzzling and sickening at the same time.

I know this coaching staff has a great resume, but it seems that we just can’t do the fundamental things that is the difference between mediocre or good. I truly believe that if these things don’t get ironed out, it will be a .500 season at best. We are totally exposed and blood’s in the water for others to just feast on us.

Last edited:
I purposely only took out this part of what you said. I’m in agreement with everything you said, but it’s this part right here that sticks in my crawl. Because how freaking long has it been that I’ve heard the same crap over and over.
We’re young.
We don’t know how to win or finish....
While true. I’m just sick of hearing it.
Other teams are young too....

One thing about it, if in two more years / two more recruiting cycles - we are no better off than what we are right now and we are hearing the same things - we are in deep trouble.. And that makes me literally sick to my stomach to imagine.
But we are very young. It is not an excuse. We will return 10 of 11 starters next year on the offensive side of the ball.

But if we are saying this in two years, then we absolutely take a look at the staff.

But we are very young. It is not an excuse. We will return 10 of 11 starters next year on the offensive side of the ball.

But if we are saying this in two years, then we absolutely take a look at the staff.
" Wait until next year, or maybe the next one....!" :(

If this team can’t get amped up against Colorado, what will we see the rest of the way against OSU, Wisconsin and Iowa? The teams we love to hate, just like Colorado. We need to win games that matter (I think I heard that once) and the CU game was one that matters....period!

Last edited:

I’m not saying we’re not, I’m just saying we’ve heard this for a long time now and that does get old. I certainly hope that in two years we aren’t saying the same things.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back