• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Colorado (9/7/19)

I don't know about you but I've been saying that 2020 should be the year that we should expect this team to challenge for a conference Championship.
. . . . So I'm sorry but yes, it is, "wait till next year"
We only have 10 recruits. We are counting on some success during the season to fill this class. We need to do something positive this year, or it will always be “next year.”

We only have 10 recruits. We are counting on some success during the season to fill this class. We need to do something positive this year, or it will always be “next year.”
No kidding we need success, but success comes after a culture is turned over and players and coaches develop. When I say "next year," I'm saying that is when we could challenge for a conference championship. I'm not saying we cant have success this year. But in my eyes, success is a 3 to 4 game improvement over last year. Not winning 9 or 10 games.

No kidding we need success, but success comes after a culture is turned over and players and coaches develop. When I say "next year," I'm saying that is when we could challenge for a conference championship. I'm not saying we cant have success this year. But in my eyes, success is a 3 to 4 game improvement over last year. Not winning 9 or 10 games.

I don't see where that 3 to 4 game improvement happens though. They needed 2 defensive td's and a special teams touchdown to beat a low level Sunbelt team. Then blow a nice lead against a new coach and cant move the ball on one of the worst defenses that they will face. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see room to improve on 4-8.....

I don't see where that 3 to 4 game improvement happens though. They needed 2 defensive td's and a special teams touchdown to beat a low level Sunbelt team. Then blow a nice lead against a new coach and cant move the ball on one of the worst defenses that they will face. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see room to improve on 4-8.....
It's never as good as you think it is and it's never as bad as you think it is. Based on your logic, you are anticipating absolutely no improvement throughout the rest of the year, which runs counter to what we saw last year. This is a new team with new starters at key positions. I anticipate we will see some pretty big jumps over the coming weeks.

It's never as good as you think it is and it's never as bad as you think it is. Based on your logic, you are anticipating absolutely no improvement throughout the rest of the year, which runs counter to what we saw last year. This is a new team with new starters at key positions. I anticipate we will see some pretty big jumps over the coming weeks.

But I thought that the biggest improvement happened between weeks 1 and 2?

I actually agree with almost everything you said and we are more in line than you'd think.
Where I disagree is here: What is Frost supposed to say? " My team is grossly untalented and I doubt we will be able to compete against the better teams this year."

Personally, I believe that Scott believes what he is saying. But we are crazy young and inexperienced. We dont have veterans on this team to show the youngsters how to win because they dont know how to win. This is going to take a while to completely change this culture and to get the talent and build the depth required to compete at the highest level.

I'm seeing glimpses, but we are not there yet. We will need to endure some more bumps and bruises before we officially turn the corner. GBR!
EXACTLY!!! ONE Sr starting on offense....a transfer WR.....we are young.

I agree but not missing all those tackles would have made this game a winner

You can’t look at it in a vacuum. The tackling was very solid in the first half. If you can’t string together some first downs and give your D a rest you get what we saw in the 4th quarter. They were gassed because they had been out there all day. Runs that went for no gain or 2 yds in the first half were going 6-8 in the 4th quarter.

I don't know about you but I've been saying that 2020 should be the year that we should expect this team to challenge for a conference Championship.

Riley absolutely took this team into the crap hole and anyone who thought that Frost was going to turn this team around as quickly as he did at Central Florida was delusional. So I'm sorry but yes, it is, "wait till next year"
I dont think anyone thought it would happen over night. Yet to take your team into a place with first year head coach and players that are suppose to be inferior and then give up a 17 point lead and over 400 yards in the 2nd half...How is that Riley's fault?

I dont think anyone thought it would happen over night. Yet to take your team into a place with first year head coach and players that are suppose to be inferior and then give up a 17 point lead and over 400 yards in the 2nd half...How is that Riley's fault?
Do you know of this coach's pedigree? Where and who he coached under? Sure he was never a head coach gig at the P5 level, but we are not giving the man enough credit here. He was Saban's Asst HC.

And who said they (Colorado) had inferior talent? I'm not sure how anyone could discern that. They had a better QB, RB's, Offensive line, LB's. DB's and DL's were a push. Let's not talk about ST.

I had NU losing by ten yesterday because I know you dont go 4-8 if you are THAT talented. Bottom line is, we are not as talented as we think and yes, it is going to take time to completely turn this roster over.

LASTLY, We have unsuccessfully replaced Farmer, Foster, Morgan, Ziggy, Gifford, and the safety triumvirate, despite everyone's amnesia regarding their impact on last year's team. Additionally, losing the sheer number of top recruits to transfer has left us frighteningly thin. There is no immediate solution but time, S&C, and recruiting cycles. That is our reality.

Last edited:
Do you know of this coach's pedigree? Where and who he coached under? Sure he was never a head coach, but we are not giving the man enough credit here.

And who said they had inferior talent? I'm not sure how anyone could discern that. They had a better QB, RB's, Offensive line, LB's. DB's and DL's were a push.

I had NU losing by ten yesterday because I know you dont go 4-8 if you are THAT talented. Bottom line is, we are not as talented as we think and yes, it is going to take time to completely turn this roster over.
I do not yet he was brought in due to lack of success just as Frost was. I do not know the culture they had at CU but I would assume it was like that at Neb. I say inferior just by what i have read in here and the recruiting form. AM was an allstar hopeful going into this year being on the different watch lists.

I'll give the man credit and that was my point, first year head coach and seems he had the team ready to play 4 qt's.

I hope this all turns around and quickly. Not 2020, 2021. Who are the players standing up and taking charge? We see freshmen around the CFB campuses that take charge and change that dynamic and change it quickly.

Yesterday was just disappointing from the over hype of the off season.

Here's to 9-0 the rest of the way

Do you know of this coach's pedigree? Where and who he coached under? Sure he was never a head coach gig at the P5 level, but we are not giving the man enough credit here. He was Saban's Asst HC.

And who said they (Colorado) had inferior talent? I'm not sure how anyone could discern that. They had a better QB, RB's, Offensive line, LB's. DB's and DL's were a push. Let's not talk about ST.

LASTLY, We have unsuccessfully replaced Farmer, Foster, Morgan, Ziggy, Gifford, and the safety triumvirate, despite everyone's amnesia regarding their impact on last year's team. Additionally, losing the sheer number of top recruits to transfer has left us frighteningly thin. There is no immediate solution but time, S&C, and recruiting cycles. That is our reality.

I agree. I heard all of the “first year head coach” and then looked at his resume. It didn’t surprise me he had his team ready to play and to play four quarters.

Don't kid yourself. It is as bad as it looks.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back