• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Akron Game Thread (9/1/18) Huskers want to find a game to fill schedule this year

As of 2AM in Lincoln, there remains a long line of thunderstorms that will continue to roll through over the next several hours. There's actually a small break at the moment -- but strong thunderstorms are rapidly approaching. It will be one crazy week ahead in Nebraska and Iowa, with many more rounds of storms to come.

As of 2AM in Lincoln, there remains a long line of thunderstorms that will continue to roll through over the next several hours. There's actually a small break at the moment -- but strong thunderstorms are rapidly approaching. It will be one crazy week ahead in Nebraska and Iowa, with many more rounds of storms to come.

Cleared out in time for Colorado?

Last edited:
My weather prediction. CU gets rained out too, we go undefeated the rest of the season and spend our bowl prep time making up the first two games so we can legitimately be in the conversation for the Natty.

yuck, got another 2.5" last night here an hour east of des moines bringing my total to 9" since friday night. forecast says we've likely got 7 straight days of more rain. I would not be surprised if animals started showing up two-by-two

Email from the AD office:

Nebraska’s game with Akron has been cancelled and the Huskers will open the 2018 against Colorado next Saturday at 2:30 p.m. CT. Any adjustments to the 2018 football schedule will be announced at a later date. Ticket holders are encouraged to hold on to their tickets from tonight’s game.

Email from the AD office:

Nebraska’s game with Akron has been cancelled and the Huskers will open the 2018 against Colorado next Saturday at 2:30 p.m. CT. Any adjustments to the 2018 football schedule will be announced at a later date. Ticket holders are encouraged to hold on to their tickets from tonight’s game.

If I am reading this correctly it sounds like another game may be scheduled (I.e. during bye week) and thus the tickets would be homered then. Much like Florida State did last year to become bowl eligible at the end of the season. Interesting to say the least

If I am reading this correctly it sounds like another game may be scheduled (I.e. during bye week) and thus the tickets would be homered then. Much like Florida State did last year to become bowl eligible at the end of the season. Interesting to say the least

That would be good. We very well could need it to get bowl eligible and there has to be some university who would love a huge payday to take that spot.

If not . . . Frost and the boys will just have to do it the hard way.

It's possible Akron gets paid for last night in full, on condition if we want to make up this game in Dec, they have to agree.

My weather prediction. CU gets rained out too, we go undefeated the rest of the season and spend our bowl prep time making up the first two games so we can legitimately be in the conversation for the Natty.

13 wins and 0 losses instead of 15-0. More than last year games (12 total).

BTW, too quick to build a removable Memorial dome?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back