• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska @Purdue - 1pm ctrl on Saturday - 5-20- 23 - Alexander Field - Game 3 of 3 - Rubber match

CrnhskrBob

Husker Immortal
20 Year Member
  • Purdue University Logo

May 20 (Sat) 1 p.m.
    Big Ten
    at
    Purdue
    West Lafayette, Ind.
    B1G__Primary_Color_White__RGB__web.jpg

Radio: Huskers Radio Network

I will not be here, as I stated earlier. Good luck. Their Sunday pitcher pitched today, so I think they had something up their sleeve, giving someone extra rest. Seems, we did not take advantage of. Sure would suck, if we lost this series to purdont!! :Stirthepot:

Good luck, Huskers :)

How are pitching can just implode so quickly…against a sub par team… is beyond me…

Cruising along with a 3-0 lead, and the bottom fell out…fast!

hopefully we will bounce back tomorrow!

Last edited:

I will not be here, as I stated earlier. Good luck. Their Sunday pitcher pitched today, so I think they had something up their sleeve, giving someone extra rest. Seems, we did not take advantage of. Sure would suck, if we lost this series to purdont!! :Stirthepot:

Good luck, Huskers :)

Don't show up on Sunday expecting to see the game. It's on Saturday. :Lol: I know you know that. :)

Updating some of the projected B10 Tourney seedings, as of 8:25PM CDT Friday.

Maryland lost to Penn State today.

Terps currently have a 1/2 game lead over Indiana.

Indiana - Michigan State are tied at 4 in the 4th.

If Michigan State were to win, it would end Purdue's season. Indiana wins, then Purdue will be fighting for their postseason lives tomorrow.

Michigan lost again to Ohio State. The Wolverines are locked into the 6-seed.

Iowa lost to lowly Northwestern today.

Rutgers is up on Minnesota 6-2 in the 7th. If Rutgers wins, they will move back into a 4th place tie with Nebraska. Unsure of the tiebreaker, as they didn't play head-to-head.

Nebraska can only be the 4th or 5th seed at this point. Should NU lose tomorrow and Michigan wins, they'd tie in the standings but NU owns the tiebreaker. In other words, we already know Nebraska's first game will be the second day of the B10 Tournament.

Michigan State beat Indiana tonight….amazing… took the series and good on them.

But even better…..Purdue is out!

I think we would have eliminated them tomorrow anyway and we did play a role already with the first game victory.

But as far as I’m concerned …….justice.

Purdue got into the tournament last year with some really sketchy shenanigans. It wasn’t about sports or sportsmanship at all….or even skill on the ball field.

They can sit this trip to Omaha out….and maybe think about that.

OK revenge over….I will try to be a good sportsman when we play Purdue in the future.

Not only did MSU upset Indiana ... but every dog won today.

Penn State beat Maryland.

Ohio State beat Michigan.

Northwestern beat Iowa.

Minnesota beat Rutgers.

And of course, Purdue beat Nebraska.

Heck, even Tennessee-Martin beat Illinois.

Days like this is why I have little faith in the Big Ten in the NCAA Tournament. Yes, I know it's one day.

Not only did MSU upset Indiana ... but every dog won today.

Penn State beat Maryland.

Ohio State beat Michigan.

Northwestern beat Iowa.

Minnesota beat Rutgers.

And of course, Purdue beat Nebraska.

Heck, even Tennessee-Martin beat Illinois.

Days like this is why I have little faith in the Big Ten in the NCAA Tournament. Yes, I know it's one day.
Can't argue what you say.

There, all better!! :) This is not the first time I have done that! I bet it will not be the last, also! :) My bad!! ;)

Goodnight :Wave:

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Maryland is locked into 1st no matter what happens today. Indiana could catch them in the standings (Indiana win, Maryland loss), but the Terps own the tiebreaker.

I'm unclear with Purdue. They could tie Illinois for 8th in the standings -- if Purdue wins today. I don't know who owns the tiebreaker between Illinois and Purdue, as they didn't play each other (have to look at common opponents, I'm lazy lol). I'm sure that's already known, so I'm curious to know. Actually, there could potentially be a 3-way tie for 7th with only two of the teams making the B10 Tournament.

It's mostly a big mess with a very tight standings. :)

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back