• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska @ Ohio State Game Thread (10/24/20)

I left off feeling optimistic about the team while also feeling like I learned very little new from this game.

Did anyone else think we had a couple of holding penalties on running plays (Dedrick handoffs from what I recall) that looked really tick tacky upon replay? It’s going to be really hard to beat a team like OSU when they have a 12th man like that.

Hard to believe I'd feel ok about a loss with such a score, but the fact is I feel better than I have for a while about the possibilities for this team and this program. We looked much more like a good team than we have the last couple of years. I liked the game plan in the first couple of quarters, and I thought the team made some good adjustments on how they blitzed after leaving the front door open a half dozen times early. But after a while our skill limitations on offense make it easier for the defense to cover what we are able to do. We need to broaden out our plan a bit, but I'm not sure we have the right players to do that..

I would like to have seen more Luke in the second half, since I am not convinced Martinez can get us there. I hope I'm wrong and that he can because I think he will start most of the games and play most of the snaps. 21 fumbles so far.

I think McAffrey makes quicker decisions, and better ones.

From what I saw, he will be playing himself into more PT.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back